Get Your Dorm Ready For Fall With 5 Easy Decorations!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

The season of rustic leaves, cool weather, and pumpkin spice is finally upon us! There’s nothing like the autumn to get us excited for holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. There are so many different ways you could take the beauty and festivities and fall and bring them into your own dorm. But we know college is stressful with being busy and not wanting to spend the money to decorate cause let’s face it, we have none.  But these ways are so cheap, simple, and easy that after a a long stressfull day, you can still enjoy the feeling of autumn and the feeling of being warm and cozy back in your room. No breaking the bank, no torturing yourself with pinecones and hot glue. We got you, Collegiettes!

1. Pinecone Vase

Who says you need to go to Pier 1? All you need is a mason jar, a few pine cones (We go to Willy P. They are everywhere), and artifical flowers you can find at the dollar store or craft store.  It is definitley a beautiful center piece for the table or to decorate your desk!

2. Leaf Candles

All you need is a mason jar, modge podge, a fake candle and leaves! (Again, an endless supply from Willy P)

Spread modge podge on the leaves and stick them to the jar how ever you like until it is all covered.  Then you turn the switch on the fake candle and throw it in! Definitely lights up the room in a cozy way and without having to worry about flames!

3. Nothing says simple and traditional like a pumpkin!

Head down to the local farm or garden center, or do it the normal way and go to the supermarket to pick up a nice little pumpkin! Leave it plain, tie a ribbon, carve it, bedazzle it, whatever you want! It makes another great center piece and accent for your room.

4. The Candy Corn Jar!

You can really make it any size you want. All you need is yet again another mason jar (What? They’re cute!), white, orange, and yellow paint, and a nice big yummy bag of candy corn. To make the strips of paint sharp and neat, I suggest using masking tape to help! 

5. Candles!

Go to your nearest bath and body works or yankee candle and get the scent that you like best! Nothing makes a room cozier than some dim lights and the sweet scent of autumn.

Alexis hails from Bergen County, New Jersey and is a junior at William Paterson University. To her friends she's known as Alexis or Lex. She studies Media Production and Graphic design and plans to study marketing or sports management. She also works for WPU Recreational Services as a Fitness Center attendant and videographer. Alexis is a sports junkie, especially for the New York Yankees. She also loves film, television, social media, and playing sports. Her dream one day is to work in the sports media industry whether it is behind the scenes or being the next Erin Andrews! Her favorite shows are Friends and Friday Night LIghts, her favorite movies are The Dark Knight trilogy and Back To The Future. She enjoys all music from Rap to Country. She can mostly be found either studying in Hobart Hall or working out in the Rec Center.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"