photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

DIY Thanksgiving Crafts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Thanksgiving is a day to spend time with your family, friends and loved ones, but sometimes it can get boring waiting around all day for a delicious dinner. Instead of lounging around all day, why not gather around and see how artistic and creative everyone can be. Here are a few Thanksgiving DIY fun crafts you can create with your family and friends: 

Painted Wine Bottles

If you’re anything like me, you have tons of wine bottles laying around that could use a finishing touch. Grab those bottles, clean them out, and add some paint for any holiday or season! Here’s how you can easily paint your wine bottles in less than five minutes. 

Fall Leaf Mason Jar Candle Holder

Candles deserve so much more than a plain jar! Add a fall touch with some leaves, or anything you’d like, and fall more in love with your candles. A quick and simple way to cherish the last of the colored fall leaves before winter snow takes over. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to bring your outside Fall obsession with leaves indoors to the place you call home. 

Thanksgiving Blessing Board

Gather with your family, friends, and loved ones and write down the things you are most thankful for. Before or even after an amazing feast, each person can grab one of the notes and read it out loud to one another. They can be personal to other members, personal messages about yourself and your life, or just a message about life in general. Either way, everyone has much to be thankful for, even if it’s just being able to live or spend time with loved ones. Find what you’ll need and how to create your board here

Fall Candle Centerpiece 

A craft that never gets old and can be used every year with simple cooking ingredients. If you have a large jar or centerpiece, you can easily fill it with some lentil beans, corn kernels, red beans, or even green split peas for a centerpiece effect. This is a quick and colorful activity that can be done within minutes, find directions and creative pieces here

Thankful Leaf Garland 

Looking for a new and personable way to decorate your home for thanksgiving? Why not add some garland with personal notes from family members, loved ones and friends? It’s the perfect way to reflect on why others are thankful for you and why you’re thankful for others. Here’s what you’ll need and how to make that perfect garland. 

Stenciled Mug

Do you ever see those funny mugs with sayings like, “Don’t speak to me before I’ve had my coffee,” or “Better late than ugly?” You can easily create those mugs with a sharpie marker and some stencils. All you need is a mug, a few colored markers, stencils and some paint to get you started. Find the funny moments with others by creating fun and personable quotes that’ll you can always look back on and laugh when you remember making the mug. Here’s how to stencil and draw on your mug. 

My name is Nasia (pronounced Asia with an N). I’m 24 years old, born and raised in New Jersey. I transferred to William Paterson University, where I found my passion for Public Relations and all things social media. Joining Her Campus was the best decision I ever made. I love what I do and I love sharing what I do with others who love it just as much.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"