This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hometown: Union, NJ

Year: Senior

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Fun Fact: She’s a die-hard Cowboys fan

Involvement On Campus: Homecoming Chair, SAPB Entertainment Chair, Peer Leader, The Hive Radio Show host

As the Homecoming chair and SAPB entertainment chair, Nina Carey – a senior from Union, NJ – has rightfully earned a spot as this week’s campus celebrity. Her hard work and dedication has created a more exciting campus environment for commuters and residents alike. She has transformed homecoming on campus, turning it into one of the biggest weeks during the school year. I was given the opportunity to interview the backbone of William Paterson’s entertainment during her busiest week, Homecoming.

“ I like what I do because I feel like the students of

William Paterson University depend on me

to be the voice of what they want, what they deserve

and what they haven’t seen in a while.” – Nina Carey 

HC: How did you get so involved on Campus?

NC:  At first I was just on cultural committee’s on campus, but my freshman year my RA was the homecoming chair and she asked me to run an event for her. Once I was left to do it on my own, I did it the following year as well. After that I was able to meet more people around campus and joined SAPB as their weekend chair.

HC: What is it your biggest accomplishment?

NC: I have three big accomplishments. My first one was getting my own radio show, The Bee Hive. My second was Homecoming 2012 because before that year homecoming wasn’t really celebrated by students, and my last one was being recognized by Who’s Who Among Students for my work on campus.

HC: What is one of the hardest parts about trying to create social events on campus?

NC: One of the hardest parts is definitely following the school guidelines, even though you know what will work for students and what wont. Also I hate to promise something to the students, and then it fails because people will always remember something that fails.

HC: How do you try and balance being so involved with your academics?

NC: Its really hard and it takes time management. Like with this being homecoming week I might have slept maybe 10 hours at the most. I wake up early and get my studying and homework out of the way. After that I do all my extracurricular activities during the afternoon and at night.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"