rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Breaking Up with Insecurity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Dear Insecurity,

Because of you so many words have been choked behind thinking that it won’t make a difference what I say. There have been so many opportunities missed thinking I can’t do that. I have spent so much of my life caring about whether people think I am annoying or not attractive. So much of my mental health has been drained from the idea that I am not good enough. Dear insecurity, I can see how much you hold me back every day. When I should move forward, you take me back. I have been with you for so long, long as I can remember but I can’t let you beat me down any longer. I don’t need space or a break. I don’t want you anymore. I don’t need you.  It’s hard, you are all that I know. But I need to explore, open up what you closed. It is not easy I know the comfort you bring when I am alone, but I won’t live with you getting in my head and belittling my strength. The strength you taught me when you were your worst. For that I thank you, dealing with you has taught me to be strong and powerful. With this strength I let go of all the pain and sleepless nights that caused you to stay. I take back what I thought you took from me. I am leaving you this time for good because I now all that I can do. 

Sincerely,

Me

Born and raised in New Jersey, Bergen County, Journalism major. Writing creativly is my passion. I put my emotion in everything I write. I wish to write for a music based website or magazine and do interviewing and have my music be heard. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"