This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Everyone is excited about Thanksgiving break. You get good free food, friends, family and to answer the dreaded question “ so how’s school?” about 5 trillion times. Then the next day (or that night for the OG’s) you get big deals, shopping trips and the Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Moonchild highlight pallet for less than the price of your soul. But before you get to the stores, you need to do some prepping for the trip into the madness. As always, we got you covered with a  little Black Friday pre-shopping checklist!

http://giphy.com/gifs/justin-friday-kermit-3oEjHKjVoNVsCeMoDe”>via GIPHY

1. Research the big buys…

Don’t purchase a huge item just because it comes with great deals. Do your research, look into consumer reviews and reports. Cheap doesn’t always mean good, you want to get good deals but you also want quality products, so be mindful.

http://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-l2SpYYAOqmCFlwULe”>via GIPHY

1. Compare prices online…

Having an idea of what you want and where you go before you go out can save you time and hassle, but also helps with budgeting. Compile a list of what you want, what store has it for the lowest price, and mark any special hours for deals. Also, keep an eye out for companies that offer “stripped down” versions of products during Holiday sales. Check the items average retail price and what it comes with. Plan ahead!

Use store credit cards…

Now, I know we’re college kids and we’re broke BUT some stores will give extra deals and warranties to customers who use an in-store credit card to make their purchases. Look into the company’s policies about it.’

Track the Early Bird and Night Owl Specials…

Stores will usually hold sales really early or really late to draw in crowds that like to get up early and those who’d rather be out late. Checking one of these shopping deals not only ensures you get in on the holiday sales, but also helps you avoid the rabid crowds.

Look out for Small Business Saturday…

Small Business Saturday is an opportunity for local businesses to attract more customers so keep an eye out for participating stores in your area. You may find the perfect thrift store or a cool new shoe place. Give a quick search on Google to find small shops holding big deals!

Don’t forget the coupons…

You can double your savings by finding coupons online or in circulars that are delivered to your front door. Websites like coupons.com offer deals year-round, so being able to find coupons during holiday sales should be a no-brainer!

I'm a Communications major at William Paterson University. This is my first semester here as a freshman and I'm new to writing for Her Campus.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"