Apps That Will Make Your Summer Perfect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.
The semester is almost over which means it is time to start preparing for summer trips. Whether you are traveling to Miami, Florida or simply going to beaches in New Jersey, these apps can provide you with the perfect summer.

1. AllTrails is a free app which is available in the App Store and the Android Market. The app can help you navigate national parks and places to hike, bike, and run in your area. It provides pictures, reviews, miles, and how challenging the height might be. This is the perfect app for outdoor adventures if you are looking to get out into the wild this summer or explore national parks.

National Park: Paterson Great Falls, New Jersey

2. Chimani National Parks is an app specifically created to help you locate national parks, monuments, scenic trails, and historic parks in your area or close to your area for you to explore. If you are interested in history and or nature, this app can provide you with all you need to know about interesting places to spend your days this summer.

3. Spontaneously want to hear your favorite type of music LIVE? Bandsintown Concerts is an app that can show you the artists making their way through your area, and it can also narrow down the artists that fulfill your music tastes. 

4. Love stargazing or looking at the sky when the sun goes down? SkyGuide is the perfect app for people who want to have a chill night and look at constellations. All you have to do is open the app, face your device towards the sky, and it will show you constellations right on your screen. This is an excellent app for peaceful summer nights.

5. Spending this summer at the beach? Make sure to protect your skin with the Wolfram Sun Exposure Reference App. This app provides a time limit for being out in the sun while tanning at the beach when you input your location, skin type, and SPF level. It is a good way to monitor your skin’s health when it comes to having a nice day at the beach!

6. And last, but not least, one of the most important apps to travel lovers on a budget! Want to go to the beach, but don’t want to spend a huge amount on gas? Or are you traveling hours away and not sure of where you can get the best gas prices? GasBuddy is a community app where users post gas prices they see in certain areas so you can find the best and lowest gas prices wherever you are.

Happy travels, collegiettes!

Sources
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"