Amanda Jones: Behind HCWPUNJ’s Camera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.
Name: Amanda Jones
Hometown: Bloomfield, NJ
Major: Marketing
Year: Senior
Campus Involvement: Her Campus WPUNJ, MEO
Fun Fact: I can impersonate Thor.
Favorite Quote: “I say, as a singer grows older, his conception grows a little deeper, because he lives life and he understands what he is trying to say a little more.”

HC: I see that you are a marketing major and a media production minor. What kind of career are you looking to have in the future?
AJ: I want to make commercials. I really love music, and I love when music can bring an ordinary commercial to something extraordinary. I can’t see myself doing something I hate 10 years from now, because I didn’t pursue a career I enjoyed. I love that the major that I’ve chosen has cast a wide net on a ton of career fields. 

HC: What made you decide to become a member of Her Campus WPUNJ?
 AJ: It was nice to see a club that directly catered to my future. I love how they offer resources for after school, which is great for me since I am graduating soon!

HC: You are HCWPUNJ’s new videographer. Can you tell us more about this position?
AJ: I visually summarize the events that Her Campus WPUNJ produces. Along with those videos, I produce other videos that range from on how many ways a scarf can be tied to interviewing some of our own members! Check them all out on the Her Campus WPUNJ YouTube channel!

HC: What kind of projects do you want to take on during your time managing HCWPUNJ’s YouTube channel?
AJ: I have a lot of projects on the horizon starting next semester. I am interested in creating a series of videos showcasing the similar interest of WPUNJ students. But, my main goal is to capture the experience of a Her Campus member. 

HC: You can always be seen wearing some awesome kicks around campus; tell us more about them!
AJ: I created 2wenty4our2wo, where we sell hand painted sneakers. I started it because I wanted something that was individually created, something special. 

HC: Do you have any advice for other commuter students who want to get involved on campus?
AJ: Don’t go home! There’s that small window that all commuters have after their class ends where they can decide to leave or venture out and discover what Willy P has to offer. Choose the latter; I promise you’ll thank me!
Emily is a senior majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Interpersonal Communication at William Paterson University. She has a passion for writing, social media and blogging. She also involved on campus as a sister of Theta Phi Alpha and as a Student Ambassador the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"