5 Things That Changed About WPUNJ While You Were Gone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Welcome back to school, all you beautiful collegiettes! We here at HC WPUNJ hope your summers were all as wonderful as each of you are. Now that you’re back on campus, whether as a commuter or resident, you may have noticed a few changes that are went on while you were gone (or some that are even still happening). Here are 5 things that changed about WPUNJ while you were gone:

1. Pioneer Parking Garage

Commuters and residents alike, we know that the struggle for parking is real. But that problem is now only a small blip on the horizon because we finally have our new parking garage! Unfortunately, it isn’t free; there are different fees for a the set parking passes: hourly to daily (0-6 hours: $5; 6-12 hours: $9; 12-24 hours: $15), semester ($115 for commuters; $225 for residents), or even annual ($230 for commuters; $450 for residents). If you have the cash it’s worth shelling it out. Come wintertime you won’t be struggling to find a spot between the snow piles. No, you smart collegiette, you’ll be nice and cozy in your garage spot!

2. The Cafe

The beloved cafe by the bookstore is usally jam-packed between classes with a variety of students all needing their caffeine fixes — usually a musician at the paino, nursing students on the couches, and an eclectic mix of other students scattered throughout the room. The cafe has now upped their beverage selections, adding more of our favorite Starbucks drinks, like fraps and ice tea lemonades! In addition to their drinks their new variety of baked goods are to die for! Stop by sometime and try the new additions on the menu; you won’t be disappointed!

3. Construction of New Academic Building

Attention all you Nursing majors: a brand new building is being erected for you! Public Health and Communication Disorders majors, you’ll have your own part in this new building, too! These majors are some of the most rapidly-growing programs on campus, so the extra room is definitely needed. But to all the other students with classes in Raubinger, be prepared to be asked to repeat yourself a lot; you’ll leave with a bit of headache from all the nearby construction work. But never fear; this awesome academic building will be well worth it once it opens in 2016.

4. Wayne Hall’s New Chef

There’s a new chef in town and he’s come with a brand new menu and chef specials! After many complaints about Speert Hall’s food, the dining hall services took it under their belt to head into a new direction. They’ve hired a new head chef, and he’s created a menu with more taste and variety for students to choose from. So far I can see the difference in the addition of healthy carbs such as quinoa and wild rice. Let’s see what the rest of the year brings!

5. New Deli

Where’s Quiznos? Gone. Now in its place is a new Deli offering a variety of healthy sandwich options. During the first common hour of the school year, the Deli’s line was crazy-long, and that must mean the food is yummy! Quiznos may be gone, but change is good, and this Deli has so many more options than were previously on the Quiznos menu!

Enjoy the new fall season. collegiettes! Pumpkin Spice is headed our way soon, and so is, of course, another amazing semester here at WPUNJ!

HCXO!

Photo credit

Photo 1 and Rep photo: Courtesy of William Paterson UnviersityPhoto 5: Courtesy of WPU Dining

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"