4 Simple Makeup Looks for Your Next Formal Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Ladies, put your credit cards away and cancel that appointment with the makeup artist. Have some faith in yourself and try out one of these makeup looks for your next formal event! Whether it’s a wedding, prom, communion, or pageant, you can totally rock any of these simple looks. Speaking of pageants, join Her Campus WPUNJ at the Mr. Her Campus Pageant this Friday at 7:30! 

Red Lip & Winged Liner

Keep the eyeshadow minimal and the lips bold with this classic look.

Simple Smokey Eye & Mauve Lip

Keep it simple: A medium color in the crease, a darker color in the outer-v and bring it down to the lower lashline, and a light shimmery color on the lid and inner corner. Add top liner and lashes if you want!

Heavy Lashes & Glossy Lips

Okay, so you really can’t do the eyeshadow thing. No problem! Get your hands on some wispy falsies and pump up the glam! This is a great go-to look for anyone.

Bold Eyes & Nude Lips

If you’re feeling bold enough, go for it! Add a more neutral color into the crease to blend out the bright color. 

If you’re doing your own makeup for an event, it’s a good idea to take some time before to practice. Take your time and remember to blend, blend, blend! Have fun and we’ll see you at the pageant this Friday!

Nicole is a junior at William Paterson studying Public Relations. She loves to write for Her Campus and her blog Glamorously, Nicole when she's not harassing her dog, Nikko, for kisses. Her ultimate dream is to work for a makeup company creating and testing lipsticks, which is basically what she does in her free time now.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"