3 Ways to Know You’re Stuck In Vacation Mode

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

After a long, relaxing break and many nights of partying, sleeping, hanging out with friends and family, and everything else you could do the last thing you look forward to is the beginning of the spring semester. The work, the stress, the back and forth between classes and the all-too-familiar mountain of homework looming in the back of your mind are not too great after a break. It can be hard to break out of the trance of sweet, sweet Christmas break. Here are 3 signs you’re still in vacation mode.

1. Sleepless Nights

During breaks we tend to stay up late at night and sleep their day away (we’re all guilty of it), but those habits during the semester can turn a good day into a horrible day.

2. Zoning Out During Lectures

Have you ever walked out of a class and realized you didn’t listen to anything my professor said? That’s a classic symptom of the “new semester” blues.

3. Already Behind in Homework

In the beginning of the semester it can be hard for students to jump straight back into their productive work mode.The fast pace of the spring semester can sneak up on you, but you’ll know when it’s the second week of classes and you’re already behind in homework for at least one of your classes.

I'm a Communications major at William Paterson University. This is my first semester here as a freshman and I'm new to writing for Her Campus.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"