13 Food Chains That Offer Student Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Being a broke college student is far from uncommon. The basic need to pay for textbooks, tuition, dorms or transportation is enough to knock us all off our feet. Unfortunately, those payments leave us with little spending money for nights out, lunch with friends and groceries. Luckily, most people and places understand. The next time you are looking for a break on your food bill, check out the following places:

1. Buca di Beppo- One of the best things about Willy P is how close it is to the city. The next time you find yourself in New York, check out this Italian restaurant. Buca di Beppo offers 10% off at participating locations with your student ID.
  2. Buffalo Wild Wings Everyone loves wing night, especially during football season. When you present a valid student ID, BWW will take 10% off your total.
  3. Burger King- For all those night out cravings, BK is there to help with 10% off your order. Just show them your student ID, and you are good to go.
  4. Chick-fil-A- No, this is not just in the South. Last year, Chick-fil-A opened a new location only 20 minutes off campus in the Garden State Plaza. Be sure to show your student ID to receive a free drink with your purchase.
  5. Chipotle- Don’t lie. We all crave it sometimes. Now, you can get a free drink with every purchase when you present a valid student ID.
  6. Dominos- Some Friday nights call for a night in with Netflix, pizza and wine. Don’t forget to ask about their student discounts to see what each location offers.
  7. Dunkin Donuts- The next time you need a caffeine fix for that all-nighter, stop by Dunkin with your student ID. Participating locations offer 10% off. Yes, that includes the Dunkin Donuts on Haledon Ave.
  8. Hard Rock Café- For all the international students, Hard Rock Café offers a 10% discount to any student with an International Student ID card.
  9. McDonald’s- If Burger King isn’t your thing, don’t worry. McDonald’s also offers a 10% discount on your total order with a valid student ID.
  10. Qdoba- It’s okay to prefer Qdoba to Chipotle. We all have our preferences, and we are all still in luck. Qdoba also offers a free drink with any purchase when you show a valid student ID.
  11. Subway- Eat fresh and save money. Participating locations offer a 10% student discount.
  12. Taco Bell- Yes, you can even save money on Taco Tuesday. Don’t forget to present your student ID at participating locations for 10% off your order.
  13. TCBY- Froyo seems to make everything better. The next time you want to load on the toppings, make sure that location offers 15% off your purchase when you present a valid student ID.

Many places offer student discounts, even if they do not broadcast them. Even the smallest amount saved can go toward something more important. Always remember to ask before paying, and never forget your student ID. 

*photo courtesy of usnews.com*

Writing is my safe haven. I find such a peace in getting all of my jumbled thoughts out of my head and onto the paper (or screen) in front of me. I attend William Paterson University, and I am double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations and minoring in Legal Studies. I crave the opportunity to experience the world through my own explorations. I work, am a full-time student, write for TapInto.net and am involved in the Student Public Relations Association on my campus. Other than that, you can find me eating or laughing.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"