Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

10 Celebrities You Might Not Know Can Sing

Posted May 7 2013 - 1:08am

It’s finals week, and if you’re anything like us at Her Campus WPUNJ, you’re looking for ways to procrastinate, too. But we figure that if you’re going to waste your study time on the internet, you may as well be entertained. So we’ve compiled a list of celebrities with vocal talents that might surprise you.

1. Robert Downey Jr.

Robert Downey Jr. was listed as 6th on last year’s Glamour Magazine “Sexiest Men” list – and we have to agree! RDJ’s career has been on the up-and-up lately; we can’t get enough of him. For those collegiettes who don’t know, this daddy of two is well-known for his roles as Iron Man in Marvel’s films of the same name as well as in the past year’s summer blockbuster The Avengers. What might not be well-known is the album he released in 2007, titled The Futurist. The record features ten tracks, all performed and most written by RDJ. Below, you can watch RDJ as he performs “A Man Like Me.” (P.S. He also plays the piano!) What can the man not do?!

2. Chris Evans

Chris Evans has played three comic book heroes (Captain America, Jensen from The Losers, & Human Torch in The Fantastic Four series) and one villain (Lucas Lee in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), but he’s also famous for his charming smile and his super-sexy physique. What he isn’t famous for? His voice – at least, not yet. Chris showcased his singing talents first in 2001 R-rated parody flick Not Another Teen Movie (Be forewarned: the video/audio are NSFW). And then he showed off his voice again more recently in 2011’s rom-com What’s Your Number?. We managed to stalk down some audio of Chris singing below, but you’ll need to watch the movie to hear more. It’s worth it – we promise.

3. Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett Johansson is one of the most popular actresses, and it seems like she’s always on-screen nowadays – not that we’re complaining. ScarJo’s talent has led her to roles varying from Janet Leigh in Hitchcock to Kay Lake in The Black Dahlia to Black Widow in Marvel’s The Avengers. But none of these roles have shared too much limelight with ScarJo’s singing voice, the very singing voice that got her nominated for an Oscar this past year. She also paired up with singer/songwriter Pete Yorn in 2009 to record an album. We’ve featured a live performance of one of their tracks below.

4. Jeremy Renner

Rounding out our list of singing Avengers (Avengers 2: The Musical, anyone?) is Oscar-winner Jeremy Renner – bow-and-arrow-wielding superhero, Hawkeye, in the film. During a guest appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Jeremy shocked the nation and Jimmy, himself, by belting out Billy Joel’s “New York State of Mind”. And somehow the hosts of ABC’s The View managed to convince Jeremy to perform one of his original songs on their show, and it left us hoping that he’d release a whole album of originals! You can see him sing “a little… verse and a chorus, or something” below!

Pages

You Might Also Like...
Fill out my online form.