Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WMU News

The Nicest Man in Hollywood

By Morgan Macfarlane
December 9, 2013 - 11:28am

He’s go those killer baby blues, he sings, dances, he’s more than polite, and he can easily charm your socks off! If you’ve seen the interviews or heard anything from Tom Hiddleston’s fans, you would learn why they adore him!   Tom an actor is famous for playing Loki, Thor’s brother in the movie Thor, The Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World. He has also starred in A Midnight in Parris, War Horse, and Only Lovers Left Alive. Tom hails from Westminster, England.  He attended schools such as Eton College, the University of Cambridge and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.   READ MORE

6 Easy Things to get You Excited for the Holidays!

By Morgan Macfarlane
November 30, 2013 - 9:24pm

Christmas is just around the corner, but with cramming for final exams and getting ready to go on break you haven’t had much time to get into the holiday spirit. No fear! There are some quick things you can do right now to get you ready for Christmas! READ MORE

Womyn's Equality

By Hannah Ball
October 10, 2013 - 11:41am

One of the most underappreciated Resident Student Organizations (RSO) on Western Michigan University’s campus is Womyn’s Equality. Not many people know about this RSO, but many people know about the events they produce. From Love Your Body Day, can drives, I Heart Female Orgasm, Toys for Tots, to the Vagina Monologues, people are familiar with the work of Womyn’s Equality.   Meet the President of Womyn’s Equality, Genae Carter, a senior majoring in Psychology and minoring in Creative Writing and Gender and Women’s Studies. The RSO was founded in 2001 and this is Carter’s third year as president. READ MORE

15 Things You Should Do in College

By Morgan Macfarlane
October 6, 2013 - 5:09pm

You are at college for several reasons to get your degree, have fun, and make lots of friends! College will end eventually, well you know what they say, time flies when you’re having fun! College is no acceptation. Before your college days are done there are 10 things you have to do!   Get Involved With Something You Are Passionate About   What do you like to do? What are your interests? Do you love the environment and want to save it? Or maybe fashion is your passion! Whatever it is get involved with it! Join an RSO, or a cause that needs you!   READ MORE

Easy Ways to Save Money

By Morgan Macfarlane
September 24, 2013 - 2:16pm

Now that school is back in session some of us may feel that we’ve reached a new level of broke; well I’m right there with you! Even with working, there are so many expenses that come with each new school year. First you have your parking permit, then rent, tuition, meal plan costs, books; it just goes on from there. By the time you’re ready to go, you’re broke! It may seem like saving is hard, and you might not see immediate results in your bank account, but just remember to stick to these tips and you’ll have money soon enough! READ MORE

Ending the gender pay gap

By Morgan Macfarlane
April 25, 2013 - 11:55pm

Did you know that on average women make 77 cents for every dollar a man makes, according to Employee Benefit News? Shocking right? Why do women who have the same experience, and work the same amount of hours in the same job as their male co-workers make less? It just doesn’t make sense, and it isn’t fair. READ MORE

Control your stress: Finals Edition

By Hannah Ball
April 15, 2013 - 8:00am

It’s that time of the college-school year when the weight of finals looms over all of us like a smelly fart that just won’t dissipate. The atmosphere becomes overwhelming, it’s hard to breath, and you just can’t get enough fresh air. The key is to not panic when someone lets one rip. Instead, calmly call them out to embarrass them (because that’s always fun), open a window and let the smell out. (If you aren’t following along with this awful, drawn-out metaphor, the smell is a symbol for stress.) READ MORE

Science facts that will change how you see the world (and yourself)

By Michelle Schmitt
April 10, 2013 - 5:22pm

1.There’s no such thing as a ‘solid’ object. Or not in the definitive sense, anyway. All objects are made of atoms and atoms are almost entirely empty space. That includes you, your cat, your boyfriend, your brain, your professors- everything. That’s why things like X-rays are able to pass through our skin and look inside us- our skin wasn’t solid to begin with. According to an article in the Telegraph written by Tom Chivers, all of the matter that makes up the human race could be packed into something the size of a sugar cube.  READ MORE

Ever Evolving Knowledge of the Sports Bra

By Sara Czarnecki
April 9, 2013 - 5:36pm

As soon as young girls develop breasts, we are told to wear a bra. That’s it. Just put a bra on and you’re set, but make sure it fits properly. Now you’re set. Oh yeah, and always wear a sports bra when you’re being active. Sound good? Not quite. It’s not that our mothers have failed entirely by simply setting us free in the bra department of Target once they recognized that we have breasts. It is setting us free with only the knowledge passed down from their mothers in the bra department that is the problem. READ MORE

Spring Fashion Trends According Two WMU Students

By Hannah Ball
April 8, 2013 - 1:17pm

With spring just about here--- just kidding, it’s still snowing. It’s April and it’s still snowing. Mother Nature might be pulling an awful April Fool’s joke on the people of Michigan and we are not taking it lightly. Snow has over stayed its welcome and green grass and leaves on the trees are sorely missed. We’re tired of wearing big, clunky snow boots; we want sandals and tank-tops now. This winter, studded boots and leather jackets were very popular. Big comfy sweaters and leggings also hung on for the ride and even though the ride isn’t over yet, style planning for spring is as crucial as the internet for a social media junkie.     READ MORE