This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

If you love Pinterest as much as I do, then you’ve probably seen these super cute flower pins. I decided to make my own to add some pizzazz to my spring wardrobe, and here’s how to do it!

What you need: one and half feet of lace ribbon, thread (the color of your lace ribbon), needle, E6000 glue, scissors, felt (the color of your lace ribbon), clip, a pin with a flat back, and something to put in the center of the flower (I used three large pearls, you can use a button or gem, basically anything you want).

Thread your needle. Then start sewing the base of your ribbon. Your stitches don’t need to be perfect. After every couple of inches pull on the needle, so your ribbon scrunches up.

Once you’ve stitched and scrunched up the whole length of your ribbon, tie a couple of knots and cut off the excess thread.

Dab a small amount of glue on one of the ends of your ribbon. Then put the other end on top of the ribbon; secure it with a clip. When it dries remove the clip.

Cut out a circle of felt; I traced my spool of thread to get my circle. Also cut out a small rectangle; it should be able to cover the flat backed pin.

Glue your circle of felt to the back of the flower.

After your circle has dried, glue your flat backed pin on it. Then, glue on the small rectangle to cover the flat part of your pin, still leaving the clasp and the pin part exposed.

When the back of your flower has completely dried, flip it over and glue the center piece on. I used pearls, but you can use just about anything. Wait until the center of your flower has dried before you wear it. This is super cute, and it doesn’t take long to make! This is a terrific addition to any spring look!

I am a sophmore at Western Michigan University. I'm double majoring in political science and enviromental studies, and double minoring in gender and women's studies and journalism.I love's reading the newspaper, I'm a self-proclaimed news junkie. I also love volunteering, spending time with my friends. In my rare free time I love to watch movies and televison shows a season at a time. I comedies, espically British comedies, the dryer the better! I also love spending time out side, whether it's camping, hiking, or just enjoying our world's natural beauty.My future plans include saving the earth from climate change and ensuring women's equality, well those are my long time goals anyway. After college I plan to work as a legislative aid or a political reporter. I currently serve as Her Campus WMU's senator in the Western Student Association. I also work as a reporter at my home town newspaper, The South County News.To my friends I'm known as the poltical coffee addicted shoeaholic feminist, but you can call me Morgan. Follow me on Twitter: @macfarlane_mOr email me: morgan.k.macfarlane@wmich.edu 
Katie King is a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism and minoring in anthropology and gender and women's studies. This will be her second year writing for HerCampus and before that she wrote for the Western Herald. She also wrote for L7 women's magazine in the summer of 2012. In her spare time Katie likes to hang out with friends, watch reruns of old shows and talk about why Chicago is better than Michigan. When she graduates she hopes to move to New York with her tabby cat, Ellie and write for a fashion magazine. However, she changes her mind quite often so who knows where she will end up!