Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WMU Archives

How to Make Every Year YOUR Year

By Sara Czarnecki
January 6, 2014 - 7:02am

Whether you want to lose weight this upcoming year, quit smoking or may be you want to take steps in living a happier and truer life, all can be made possible through changing your mindset. It is entirely possible to make 2014, or for that matter any year, your year as along as you are willing to keep to your word of making it your year.  Saying you want to have a successful and happy year and actually making the huge life changes in order for that to be accomplished are two completely different things. READ MORE

The Nicest Man in Hollywood

By Morgan Macfarlane
December 9, 2013 - 11:28am

He’s go those killer baby blues, he sings, dances, he’s more than polite, and he can easily charm your socks off! If you’ve seen the interviews or heard anything from Tom Hiddleston’s fans, you would learn why they adore him!   Tom an actor is famous for playing Loki, Thor’s brother in the movie Thor, The Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World. He has also starred in A Midnight in Parris, War Horse, and Only Lovers Left Alive. Tom hails from Westminster, England.  He attended schools such as Eton College, the University of Cambridge and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.   READ MORE

6 Easy Things to get You Excited for the Holidays!

By Morgan Macfarlane
November 30, 2013 - 9:24pm

Christmas is just around the corner, but with cramming for final exams and getting ready to go on break you haven’t had much time to get into the holiday spirit. No fear! There are some quick things you can do right now to get you ready for Christmas! READ MORE

Are you ready for finals?

By Sara Czarnecki

A Dumpster Lid Taught Me to be Less Superficial

By Hannah Ball
November 5, 2013 - 12:48pm

A few months ago I was hanging out with a few friends, and we decided to walk to 7/11. It was dark out but we had the lights of house parties along the street to brighten the way. I’m around 5’2” and my head was titled up, talking to a taller friend when I rounded the corner and ran face-first into a dumpster lid. The pain on my nose and eyelid lasted around ten seconds and I laughed off the minimal embarrassment. I knew I had a cut on the bridge of my nose, but I wasn’t worried. When we got back to the house, I went to check out the damage in the bathroom mirror. My nose had a little cut but sadly, that wasn’t the worst of it. My eyelashes were gone. A large chunk of my actual, naturally grown eyelashes were missing on my left eyelid....

Showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show at State Theatre

By Sara Czarnecki
October 17, 2013 - 1:25pm

The Kalamazoo State Theatre is doing a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show on Saturday, October 26th at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 and $5 more for a goodie bag. Costumes are encouraged! Tickets can be purchased in person at the State Theatre box office or at ticketmaster.com! READ MORE

Unsung Heroes: Yolonda Lavender; a true campus celebrity

By Sara Czarnecki
October 16, 2013 - 6:38pm

I recently had the pleasure of getting to know Yolonda Lavender. She is a real WMU campus celebrity and in my opinion, a great community leader. Her musical talents, as well as her passion for the community make her a great Western Michigan representative in the streets of Kalamazoo. Yolonda Lavender is studying social work at WMU and has big plans to attend either U of M or the University of Texas-Austin to attain her Masters in Social Work degree. Though academics are very important to Lavender she still makes time to volunteer in the community and really step out and be a great community leader. I was privileged to ask Yolonda some questions, diving into what makes her tick, and what keeps her motivated.     Q: What do you do?...

Are you excited for WMU Homecoming?

By

Western Homecoming!

By Sara Czarnecki
October 10, 2013 - 11:54am

Check out this helpful website for any questions or comments about Homecoming!  http://www.wmich.edu/homecoming/ READ MORE

Womyn's Equality

By Hannah Ball
October 10, 2013 - 11:41am

One of the most underappreciated Resident Student Organizations (RSO) on Western Michigan University’s campus is Womyn’s Equality. Not many people know about this RSO, but many people know about the events they produce. From Love Your Body Day, can drives, I Heart Female Orgasm, Toys for Tots, to the Vagina Monologues, people are familiar with the work of Womyn’s Equality.   Meet the President of Womyn’s Equality, Genae Carter, a senior majoring in Psychology and minoring in Creative Writing and Gender and Women’s Studies. The RSO was founded in 2001 and this is Carter’s third year as president. READ MORE