jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Williamsburg November Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Williamsburg may seem like a pretty quiet town, but there are many fun things to do both on and off campus. As we head deep into the autumn season, many fun activities are on the calendar for November. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the cool ones.

1. Cider Run in CW: This is basically a campus tradition and if you haven’t taken part in it before, now’s your chance. Head down to Colonial Williamsburg and purchase a cider mug (this year’s has a picture of the adorable dog, Liberty!).  After that, you can purchase cups of cider, coffee, and other beverages for just $1. After you get your cider, take the time to stroll around and see the beauty of CW.

Source

2. Liberty’s Ice Pavilion:  Back by popular demand, the pop up skating rink between Merchant’s Square and CW will be back. Grab some friends, rent some skates, and have fun skating the day away. The rink opens on November 18th.

Source

3. Colonial Parkway Drive: If skating isn’t your thing, jump in your car and drive down the Colonial Parkway. You can admire the fall foliage and have a photo shoot with your friends.

Source

4. The Addams Family Musical: Back on campus, the theatre department is putting on their fall musical, The Addams Family. This fantastic musical comedy will be playing for two weekends, November 10-13 and November 17-20. Tickets are $12.

Source

5. TAP into the Outdoors: On November 17th from 9:30 AM -10PM, the Tribe Adventure Program and AMP are sponsoring a day of FREE outdoor activities. All throughout the day different workshops will be held in the Sunken Gardens, followed by and evening of entertainment and s’mores. Make some time in your day to check this out.

Source

6. Colonial Williamsburg Ghost Walk: If you aren’t ready to let go of Halloween, check out the Colonial Williamsburg Ghost Walk. Now that it is getting darker in the evenings (and colder), the spooky feeling is increased.

Source

7. Movies at Kimball Theatre: If you are looking for more of a quiet activity, why not check out a movie at the Kimball Theatre? They show a wide range of films—from foreign films to recent releases, they have something for everyone. This month, they are showing Ron Howard’s critically acclaimed documentary about the Beatles, as well as the WWII drama Anthropoid. For those who plan to celebrate the holiday season early, there are also a number of holiday shows scheduled. Tickets start at $7 for students.

Source

8. Escape the King: On the heels of the popular “Escape the Room” trend, CW has its own version—Escape the King. The premise is you and your fellow patriots are captured and trapped in a room. You have one hour to work together to escape before a British officer returns to interrogate you. This event is going on all through the month of November. Tickets are pricier at $25, but it sounds like it is worth it.

Source

9.  Election Day: Last but not least, remember to get out and vote on Tuesday, November 8th. While doing your civic duty and making your voice heard should be reward enough, many businesses are offering freebies or discounts if you show up on Election Day with your “I Voted” sticker. At Starbucks, you can get a free bracelet. Urban Outfitters is offering 20% off your purchase. Krispy Crème will give you a free doughnut and 7-11 will give you a free cup of coffee. Sounds like a good time!

Source

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.