What to Leave at Home and What to Bring Back: Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

We’re almost there, guys: just a few more days until we can go home for Thanksgiving and see our family (and most importantly be reunited with the dogs). Here are some things to leave at home and to bring back to school once the break is over.

LEAVE AT HOME:

Summer Clothes and Sandals

Even though this is Williamsburg weather we’re talking about, it will most likely not be warm enough to wear shorts and a tank top to class. Save some closet/dresser space and bring most of your warm-weather clothes back. Miracles do happen, however (it was in the 70s during winter Blowout last year), so leave a pair of shorts and a shirt just in case.

PACK:

Prep for Finals

I know that sounds like the TWAMPiest thing ever, but finals start two weeks after Thanksgiving break ends, so it’s best to start studying now. Start making your study guides/flashcards now so it’ll be less stressful for you later. Finals you will thank you.

BRING FROM HOME:

Ugly Christmas Sweater

There will be many Christmas themed parties once Thanksgiving break is over, so pack a sweater, preferably the tackiest one you can find. If you don’t own one, Goodwill will usually have some.

BRING FROM HOME:

Winter Coat

If you didn’t have this already, bring your winter coat back. The temperature starts to drop even more in December, so if you have no cold tolerance like I do, you’re going to want something heavier than a North Face Jacket.

Cover image source 

Phoebe is a senior at W&M double majoring in economics and classical civilization. When not writing articles, she can be found streaming Netflix, watching her beloved Washington Wizards, and finding ways to procrastinate on things that actually need to get done.