jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What To Do Over Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

As everyone heads off campus for fall break, some people have really awesome plans for break, but the rest of us…. are just chilling at home. While it’s nice to rest up for the first day and a half, eventually some boredom will set in. Here are some ways to have fun over fall break!

Source

Go and See a Movie

Between midterms and work, it can be tough to find time to go to the movies, so use this time off to your advantage. Go to your local movie theatre and check out some recent releases. Bridget Jones’ Baby, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, and The Girl on the Train have all been buzzy fall releases.

Source

Read A Book For Fun

Whether it is rereading your favorite classic, or checking out a book you might have missed this summer (Amy Schumer’s book anyone?), fall break is a great time to catch up on your reading, without worrying about falling behind in your classes.

Source

Go On A Fall Scavenger Hunt

As the fall season descends upon us, all of our favorite traditions arrive. So take some time to walk around your hometown and see how many fall things you can spot. People drinking PSLs? Corn mazes sprouting up near the farmer’s market? People dressing up their dogs in costume? This is a great way to get moving and catch up with your hometown community.

Source

Get Cooking

During the fall season, the grocery store shelves seem to fill up with all sorts of autumnal goodies. So try your hand at making some!!! You can turn to Pinterest to find some recipes, or for the culinary challenged, you can get lots of pre-packaged mixes at the store. My personal favorites are maple bacon cookies and mini pumpkin pies.  

Source

Become One With Nature

Fall is such a beautiful season—with the breeze and sunshine, but not the oppressive heat of summer. So get outside! Take advantage of the time off to go to an apple orchard and pick some apples (which you can use to make some aforementioned fall treats!) Or, make an early visit to the pumpkin patch (it’s never to soon for Halloween, right?)

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.
Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.