We Are Girl Rising

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Today is International Day of the Girl. In honor of that, Her Campus W&M has partnered with the Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Department to screen Girl Rising for free here on campus. Girl Rising is an award-winning documentary about the effect an education can have on a girl’s life– and what happens when she is denied one. 

Our screening is open to the public, totally free, and will be happening tonight at 6:30 in Tyler 102. We encourage those of you who will still be on campus to come out, learn about what Malala Yousafzai and countless other girls are fighting for, and help us stand up for girls’ education in the developing world. We’ll also be taking donations to help 10×10 and She’s the First get girls to school.

Want to come, or tell your friends about the event? Visit the facebook event page.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter