This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

As the semester draws to a close, one of the most dreaded times of year is fast approaching — finals week. As you prepare to lock yourself in Swem and cram a semester’s worth of material into your brain, we at Her Campus asked some seniors for their advice on how to conquer finals. Read on to learn a few tips from people who, in their four years at the College, have become finals pros.

Source

Katianna Tron, Her Campus President, class of 2016:

“Honestly, relax. I know things might seem like the end of the world or that every grade is of the utmost importance, but at the end of four years, you will look back and see that things just kind of figured themselves out. If you are really nervous, go talk to a professor. But other than that, yes, this class and this grade are important, but I can promise you it won’t be the deciding factor in the rest of your life.”

Anonymous, but extremely wise, senior:

“Take breaks, go outside and look for different study locations that aren’t Swem — the Physics Library, Starbucks in CW or even a random dorm lounge could be a good change of the scenery and stress in Swem. OH and if you’re going to overload on coffee — put a fun flavor in your cup as a reward.”

Valerie Tran, class of 2016:

“Take study breaks! Like a cider run in CW, or a class at the Rec. Don’t panic! Panicking is unproductive!”

Mary Griffith, class of 2016:

“Study each subject in a different place as to asociate that subject with that place. Try not to listen to music when you study (as you want to replicate the conditions of your studying and obviously you can’t listen to music as you take your test). If you have trouble with Facebook or procrastinating, there is a Mac app called self-control that will block whatever website you tell it to for however long you’d like. Take breaks. But not like Facebook breaks — take a walk, or studying something different to have your mind work in a different way. And if you’re going to drink caffeine while you study, you should have caffeine while you test — basically always try to replicate the conditions under which you study when you actually take your test.”

Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.