Read, Watch, Listen: November 17, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

There were some big releases in the entertainment world this week. Here is a roundup of some of the most talked about.

Read:

• Artemis by Andy Weir—Weir returns this week with the follow up to his hit debut novel, The Martian. Keeping with the space theme, Artemis tells the story of Jazz, a young woman living in a colony on the moon, who gets more than she bargained for when she must pull off a major heist. This page turner looks to be the perfect read for Thanksgiving break.
  • Renegades by Marissa Meyer—Meyer, the author of the popular series, The Lunar Chronicles, is back with a new series, focusing this time on superheroes and supervillains. The Renegades series will focus on Nova, a girl who connects with a good guy, but works for the bad guys. Sounds interesting!

Watch:

• Justice League—The next installment in the DC Cinematic Universe is out this weekend. And while DC’s films, with the exception of this past summer’s Wonder Woman, have not been great, I’m hoping the presence of cool superheroes like Wonder Woman and the Flash will make this one soar.
  • Wonder—If you would rather happy cry your way through a film, you should probably check out Wonder, starring Jacob Tremblay, Julia Roberts, and Owen Wilson. Wonder, based off of the children’s novel, by R. J. Palacio, Wonder is the story of Auggie Pullman, a young boy with a facial deformity, who learns that beauty comes from within when he attends school for the first time. Bring the tissues to this one!

Listen:

• “In The Bedroom Down The Hall”—You may have heard of a Broadway musical called Dear Evan Hansen. It won six Tony Awards this year (including a Tony for star Ben Platt, as well as a Tony for composers and lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul) and its cast album has had a run on the Billboard 200. If you’ve already listened to all 14 songs on the album, you should take a listen to “In The Bedroom Down The Hall,” a cut song from the production. This song is a must listen, but again, you’ll want to have the tissues handy!
  • “Rewrite the Stars”—Pasek and Paul are back again, this time with their songs for the upcoming movie musical, The Greatest Showman, a film about the life of P.T. Barnum. The songs that have been released so far have more a pop sound to them, adding a modern feel. “Rewrite the Stars,” the latest song to be released, is a duet featuring the vocals of Zendaya and Zac Efron. If the songs are any indication of how fantastic the film will be, we’re in for a treat!

Main image source

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.