etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Read, Watch, Listen: December 2, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Just because finals are here, it doesn’t mean that you have to give up everything fun! This week, instead of highlighting new releases, I’m focusing on some classic favorites to help you get through finals!

Read:

• Literally any book written by a female comedian– One of my favorite genres of books is “essays written by female comedians.” These books are perfect because they are funny and inspiring. So, when you need a break in the midst of your paper writing, take a minute and read a passage from one of these books. My personal favorite is Tina Fey’s Bossypants, but I also love Yes Please by Amy Poehler, Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick, and anything by Mindy Kaling.
  • You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero—If you haven’t read this, now is the time. Sincero’s self-help book doesn’t read like one, but it could be the key to gaining the confidence necessary to finish the semester strong.

Watch:

• The Princess DiariesThis #iconic film is the perfect movie for finals. It’s warm and comforting, helping you to forget about all of your stress. And if you’re like me and have seen the movie upwards of 75 times, it makes the perfect background noise for those nights when you need to re-copy notes!
  • Parks and Recreation—Odds are, you’ve already seen this show (once, twice, fifty times—who’s counting?), but it’s nice to revisit favorites everyone once in a while. Each episode is only about 20 minutes, which makes it the perfect show to watch during a study break. Some personal favorite episodes: “Hunting Trip,” “’Lil Sebastian,” “Road Trip,” and “Win, Lose, or Draw.”

Listen:  

• The Crimson Peak soundtrack—This soundtrack (comprised of entirely classical music) makes for the perfect studying playlist. The beautiful music will keep you entertained, without distracting you from your studying. And, as a post-finals treat, you can watch the film to see the stunning visuals that accompany the music.
  • “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor—In high school, during the month leading up to the AP exam, my calculus teacher would play this song on repeat as we did practice problems, to motivate and focus us. And as weird as it may seem, I still listen to this song to get myself amped up before a big test. So, download the song and listen to it as you walk to your 9am final; you’ll be ready to crush that test in no time! 

Main image source 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.