element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Note to the People Who Started Celebrating Christmas too Early

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

1. If your pumpkins haven’t rotted yet, then it’s too early for a tree.

2. In fact, maybe hold off on all decorations. Yes, the fake blood on the window from Halloween is red. No, it still can’t be used as a Christmas decoration.

3. Especially for Christmas trees. Dorm rooms are small. The longer you insist on keeping a tree in one, the more likely it is that someone will crash into it.  

4. Also did you forget about the fact that there is an entire other holiday before Christmas?

5. As a general rule of thumb, if the Disney Channel Christmas marathon has not started yet, neither can you.

6. Besides, there are only so many days where wearing reindeer antlers is considered socially acceptable.

7. And only so many Christmas songs that can replay before you risk someone on your hall breaking your speakers.

8. Seriously, Santa can only show up to so many parties before it starts to get weird.

9. Regardless of how early you start celebrating Christmas, you know you will still end up waiting till the last minute to buy gifts.

10. But let’s be honest, no matter what I say we all know you’re not going to change so I give up.