NHL Playoffs Update: April 28, 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Round one of the 2018 NHL Playoffs ended on Wednesday night when the Boston Bruins defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs in the only game seven of round one! Here is a preview of what we have to look forward to in round two! 

Three-peat…

For the third season in a row, the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins meet the second round of the playoffs. Game one was Thursday night. The Caps started off hot, but the Penguins scored three quick goals in the third period to win the game. Game two is tomorrow at 3pm on NBC. 

Vegas Can’t Be Stopped

The Vegas Golden Knights continue to make history in the second round against the San Jose Sharks. The Golden Knights dominated on Thursday shutting out the Sharks 7-0. Game two is tonight at 8pm on NBC. 

Lightning vs. Bruins

After a thrilling game 7 that eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs from the playoffs, the Boston Bruins returned to the ice this afternoon to face their next opponent, the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Bruins won 6-2. Game two is Monday at 7pm. 

Jets and Preds

The Nashville Predators are on a quest to return to the Stanley Cup Final for the second year in a row. But to get there, they have defeat the white-hot Winnipeg Jets. The Jets took game one, winning 4-1. Game two is tomorrow at 7pm.  

Social Media Moment of the Week: 

Even the NHL is getting in on Marvel-mania! 

Where will the Cup be when it all ends? #StanleyCup

A post shared by NHL on NBC Sports (@nhlonnbcsports) on

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.