My 8 Week Tribe Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

While my first day at WM seems to be yesterday, the end of this academic year will arrive in just eight weeks. I recently heard of a everyday poem challenge, so I plan to achieve some before leaving the campus for summer. Check out the following as what I attempt to do during the eight weeks!

Diet

Although I cannot give up on animal-based food, I am trying to shift to a mainly vegetarian diet. While sticking to eggs, fish, beef, and chicken, I will stop having pork, honey, and cheese. My voracious appetite to vegetables will not detach me from Greek yogurt, but I will consume more soymilk as an alternative to milk.

My sweet tooth has inspired me to compose several poems for my creative writing course, yet I should not indulge it any more. During the challenge, I will unrelentingly isolate myself from ice cream, desserts, sugary drinks, and sweet dishes. I will only satisfy my desire to sweetness through fruits.

Image source

I will involve more seed products in my diet. I notice Sadler serves flax, chia, and sunflower seeds. I am curious what a spoon of seeds into my stomach can do.

Image source

Another big difference I crave is to introduce warm drinking water into my meals. Countless people have suggested that I should drink plain warm water every meal for miscellaneous benefits. Let’s see whether this legend is that magical.

Lifestyle

The whole idea of challenging myself in the eight weeks came from a daily poem challenge, and I will definitely customize it into my routine. In addition to the two or three poems required for my weekly poetry course, I hope to write one more every week. Three poems every week will build a rich portfolio by the end of this semester.

Image source

I once wrote about harm of staying up late, so my action will be consistent with my writings. Most of the time, I sleep at around 10:30 pm. This time, I will challenge myself to sleep before 10:20 pm every day. Ten minutes make a giant leap!

I am a huge procrastinator of packing my suitcase(s). I do not want to repeat the same “mission impossible” I had for winter and spring breaks. I am going to pack suitcases two weeks before the summer break!

Last but not least, I promise to write for Her Campus every week!

Self challenges could be easy as I am the only policy maker. The tasks could be also overwhelming since every new rule targets my weaknesses. I believe trying something new during the time left may make a big difference to me and potentially people around. I cannot wait to see a different Xuanxuan after eight weeks!

Thumbnail image from Max Pixel

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.