Lantern Festival ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Every year, the Chinese Student Organization (CSO) puts on a Lantern Festival. The point is to write wishes on the lantern and the light it up and watch it burn out. A year ago, I went to my very first one just a few days after my initiation into Nu Kappa Epsilon Music Sorority, where I officially became a part of an amazing sisterhood and found out who my wonderful big was. Three days after that ceremonywas the Lantern Festival of fall 2014 and it was the first memory we made together as big and little. It was a beautiful night a year ago, and this year we continued the tradition and went to CSO’s Lantern Festival again. We wrote good wishes on our perspective lanterns and then watched them burn together, sharing laughter and smiles, and having a wonderful time. The sky was clear and stars could be seen. We laughed (and worried a little) as a few lanterns got loose and flew away, still burning. But mostly we enjoyed the time we spent together. There could not have been a more perfect night, but we’re already planning for next year, which will be our senior year, our last year to have one more Lantern Festival memory.