Griffin Glamour: Will You Be My Valentine… Outfit?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Get ready, Collegiettes! Tuesday is Valentine’s Day, one of the most notorious holidays of the year. Whether you love it or hate it, pink hearts and red roses have been creeping up everywhere from Wawa’s counters to dorm bulletin boards. But no matter what your plans are to celebrate the day- a romantic date with your significant other or hanging out with the girls- here are some simply sweet outfit ideas.

Date Night
Probably the most ideal situation for V-Day is going out to dinner with your significant other. As per usual, dress to where it is you’ll be going- jeans and a pretty top for Aroma’s, a flirty dress and tights for the Blue Talon, etc. But wherever you go to eat, make sure to add a special touch to your ensemble. If you have a piece of jewelry your date gave you, wear it! If not, add a subtle Valentine touch with something heart-shaped, whether it’s a necklace, pair of earrings, or ring. And always make a date night the perfect excuse to wear something a bit dressier than normal- wedge booties are a great alternative to knee-high boots with jeans or a dress and tights, and chandelier earrings can glam up a simple top that you usually just wear to class.

Girls’ Night In
Even if you don’t have a hot date coming up, you can still have just as much fun with your girlfriends. Paint nails, watch romantic comedies, and organize a “secret Valentine” (like secret Santa) gift exchange. This is actually the ideal Valentine’s occasion to wear whatever you’d like. If you’re spending the evening in your friend’s room, why not turn it into a yoga pants night? Or if you and the girls are heading out for Honey Do Lattes at Aroma’s beforehand, why not throw on that cute dress you’ve wanted to wear for a while?

Afternoon Coffee with Your Crush
If you don’t have plans with your friends or a dinner date at night because Swem beckons, why not make plans to grab coffee after class with your crush? It is Valentine’s Day after all! Try to skip the sweats for class and instead opt for a simple sweater and chic skirt with tights and boots. Don’t be too costume-y with too much pink, red or heart motifs, but definitely add a pop of pink or red lips to change it up.

So however you plan on spending Valentine’s Day, make sure it involves plenty of chocolate and an adorable outfit.  And in addition to indulging yourself in candy and clothes, have an absolutely fabulous Valentine’s!

Gabrielle is a senior at the College of William & Mary and is a biology major with a premed focus. She is President of Her Campus W&M for the 2012-2013 school year, and was formerly a writer and Fashion & Beauty Editor. Other than Her Campus Gabrielle is a member of Delta Gamma, the undergrad student representative for one of W&M's college planning committees, and a brand ambassador for British clothing and lifestyle brand Jack Wills. She loves summering in Nantucket and doing her dog's hair, and her guilty pleasure is watching cheeky British reality show The Only Way Is Essex.