Campus Cutie: Miranda Clarke ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Photography Credit: AV Photography

Year: Junior

Major: Economics, Minor in Art and Art History

Hometown: Roanoke, VA

What activities are you involved in on campus? I’m in Circle K International, which is a community service club, so I volunteer every semester.

What are your hobbies? I love to read when I have time, which isn’t often, and I like going to the gym and relaxing with friends.

What are some of your favorite movies? Midnight in Paris, Pride and Prejudice, and basically any Disney movie.

What kind of music do you listen to? A mix of everything except country and metal.  I like Top 40, some classic rock, alternative, and I have a huge weakness for 80s music.

What would be your ideal date? I don’t really think it matters what you do if you’re with the right person, but I’d probably say a dinner date at a nice restaurant and then a long walk.

What do you look for in a partner? Someone who I feel a connection with, is friendly and easy to talk to, and is kind, intelligent, and reliable.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I have so many places I want to go.  England, Italy, and the Bahamas are on the top of the list right now.

What is your spirit animal? Haha I’ve never had a good answer for this question.  Maybe a sparrow or another type of bird?

Julia O'Connell is an English major and Linguistics minor at the College of William & Mary. Her love of reading has inspired her to pursue a career in the field of editing and publishing. Aside from reading, her hobbies include ballroom dancing, crafting, and baking with friends.