Campus Celebrity: Truman Ruberti, ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name:

Truman Ruberti

Year:

Sophomore

Hometown:

West Orange, NJ

Major(s):

Economics/Film

Activities on Campus:

WMTV, KASA

Describe Yourself in Three Words:

Movies, food, movies

Go-To Starbucks Order:

Some kind of black or green Tea. I don’t think I’ve ever had Starbucks before, to be honest.

Favorite Book:

Misery, by Stephen King

Favorite Movie:

Birdman, or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance

Hobbies:

MMA, photography, writing, cooking.

Career Goals:

To make movies that people like

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Nowhere specific, actually. I like NJ though.

What is one thing on your bucket list?

Nothing very specific here, either. Traveling around Asia would be cool, I suppose.

What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?

I enjoy things like boxing and wrestling. It’s pretty relaxing, weirdly enough.

Describe your perfect day in Williamsburg:

Ideally, I would be able to sleep in a bit, get a lobster roll from the Tribe Truck, go to The Cheese Shop for some brie, bread, and a few drinks, then eat it all while watching a good movie, preferably in bed.

What is your favorite thing about William and Mary?

A lot of people here are a good middle ground between nerdy and socially competent, which means you can make good friends who share your interests.

If you were President of the College for a day, what would you do?

Make the Discourse Facebook group mandatory for all students to join, because that page needs more angry people.

Photo provided by Truman Ruberti 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.