Campus Celebrity: Tanner Blankenship ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Tanner Blankenship

Year: 2017

Hometown: Front Royal

Major: Biology

Activities: Cheer, Weightlifting, Thrifting, Walks through CW, sewing, and sometimes taxidermy/ amateur roadkill recovery technician.

What’s it like being the only boy on the team? It’s pretty great! I get to eat all the leftovers, I get my own room when we travel, and It’s like having 15 motherly-sister  figures looking out for you.

If you could choose any song to be your personal theme song what would it be? Thrift Shop- Macklemore. I’ve got the fur coat to prove it!

What’s your pregame routine? I set up, test out, and make alleged poor choices with the t-shirt gun. Things that are not t-shirts, and hypothetical bags of snack size Doritos, do not belong in the barrel of the t-shirt gun. There may or may not still be hypothetical Doritos dust in Kaplan Arena.

What’s your favorite team memory? I’m going to be mature, use my filter, and not risk embarrassing my teammates. Traveling during football season, going to the basketball tournaments, and eating great food was certainly a highlight. Honestly, we create cherished memories every time we get together and picking a favorite would somehow diminish all of those experiences.