Campus Celebrity: Seriah Brown ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA (I was born here but lived all up and down the coast.)

Major: Hispanic Studies and Education

Minor: Dance Choreography and TESOL

What organizations are you involved in at W&M?

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Ballroom, SOCA, Salsa

What are your passions and interests?

I love children, I love dance, and I love my heritage: hence, my majors and minors. I am a big sports fan, mainly futbol (España) and football (Steelers).

What inspires you?

Seeing people smile from happiness. I want to bring people, especially children, that joy. When I can have the honor of teaching, encouraging, or helping them to succeed, it’s the best feeling in the world.

What is your spirit animal?

A Pure White Wolf.

Who is your role model?

My grandmothers Rosetta and Vernetta.

What is the first thing on your bucket list?

This is a hard one. I would love to travel the world and visit every continent except for Antarctica. Too cold!

What is your favorite thing about William & Mary?

The family I have gained here. There are so many co workers and students that I have so much love for. They keep me going. One Tribe, One Family is a real thing for me. 

What are your plans for the future?

I want to teach straight out the gates and establish my career in education whether it be here or anywhere. I am definitely excited about continuing to build my life with my fiance and our family.

Anything Else?

If you see me, don’t be afraid to say “hello” or “hola”! I love meeting new people!