Campus Celebrity: Lucia Arevalo Garay, ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: 

Lucia Arevalo Garay 

Year:

Junior, Class of 2019

Hometown:

Bealeton, VA

Major(s):

Kinesiology and Health Sciences, concentration in Allied Health 

Activities on Campus: 

Colleges Against Cancer, Colonial Echo 

Describe Yourself in Three Words: 

Creative, Compassionate, Hard-working 

Go-To Starbucks Order:

Grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha 

Favorite Book: 

The Nancy Drew Series 

Favorite Movie: 

13 Going on 30 

Hobbies: 

Drawing, Painting, Singing, Playing the violin and piano 

Career Goals: 

My ultimate goal it to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner! After undergrad, I plan on going to a master’s of Nursing program to obtain my RN license and then continue to work towards reaching my end goal. 

What is one thing on your bucket list? 

Learn to speak French fluently and travel to Paris 

What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you? 

I was born in El Salvador 

Describe your perfect day in Williamsburg: 

A sunny, not so humid day to get ice cream and walk around the ‘Burg with friends. 

Favorite Restaurant in the ‘Burg:

Oishii

Your favorite memory from your time here: 

It’s hard to pick just one! I’ve really enjoyed all the Screen on the Greens that I have been to because it’s always so nice to spend time with friends, eat popcorn, cotton candy and enjoy movies! 

What is your favorite thing about William and Mary? 

It feels like home! Everyone I have met has been super friendly, accepting, and welcoming. From the first day of freshman orientation to now, I don’t think I have ever felt like I don’t belong.

If you were President of the College for a day, what would you do?

My first order of business would be to get a campus dog. I love meeting new people so I would walk around campus with the puppy and just make new friends! 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.