Campus Celebrity: Amanda Lutik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name: Amanda Lutick

Hometown: Manasquan, NJ

Major: English and Finance with an International Emphasis 

Describe yourself in 3 words: Ambitious, Determined, and Clever 

What are things are you involved in at the College?
Currently, I’m the President of Senior Class Gift, but I’ve also been involved in plenty of other College activities over the past four years. I was the President of the Mason Global Ambassadors and Business Manager for The Flat Hat, along with being Treasurer for Chi Omega, on the Advisory Board for Women in Business, and a Vice President of the Financial Modeling Club. I’ve always found plenty of exciting things to get involved in here! 

If you had to pick one favorite thing about W&M, what would it be?
My favorite thing about W&M is the people that I’ve met here and lifelong friendships I know I’ve made. I chose to come to William & Mary for its overwhelming strength in community and I’ve loved being a member of a student body that both challenges and supports one another. 

What is one memory of college you wish you could relive?
While I can think of so many wonderful college memories, Convocation is the one I’d wish to relive. I’ll never forgot it, walking out of Wren into a sea of high fives: the perfect celebration of the end of Orientation and the first day of classes.  

What is your favorite quote?
“I shall try to tell the truth, but the result shall be fiction.” Katherine Anne Porter

What TV show character do you most identify with, and why?
The TV show character I most identify with is Rory from Gilmore Girls. I’m a huge Gilmore Girls (and Rory) fan and I’ve always felt especially drawn to Rory for her quick wit, appreciation for a good book, and close relationship with her mom. 

What is something most people don’t know about you?
I’m not usually great with ‘fun facts,’ but something most people don’t know about me is that I’m a frequent radio contest winner back home. Bonus, I won so many radio call-ins in high school that I wasn’t allowed to participate in the contests for a period of time. I most recently won a Jersey Mike’s gift certificate over winter break for calling in and answering a Friends trivia question.  

Any words of advice/inspiration for your fellow TWAMPs?
In my senior spring, my advice to the TWAMPs out there is to not take this place too seriously and make an effort to enjoy the things we all-too-easily take for granted at William & Mary. Take the time to do the things you don’t need to, but want to do, and surround yourself with good friend all the while.

Born and raised in Southern California. Loving the East Coast.