Apply for Her Campus William and Mary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Do love reading all of the content Her Campus William and Mary publishes? Well, if you love reading it, you should try writing it! Our Her Campus chapter is looking for motivated collegiettes of all academic and personal backgrounds to join our team next semester. We are looking for people to fill a variety of positions, including:

• Staff writers
  • Editors
  • Social Media Managers
  • Marketing Managers
  • Photographers/Videographers
  • Event Planners

No experience is needed, and Her Campus is a great way to gain experience, especially if you are looking to pursue a career in the fields of media or journalism. Many Her Campus alums have gone on to pursue careers at Seventeen, Glamour, The Huffington Post, and MTV, among other companies. While a career as a media mogul may be a bit far away, what are some benefits you can gain from Her Campus today?

• Develop skills necessary for a career in media/journalism!
  • Build your resume!
  • Find a platform to share your ideas!
  • Gain leadership skills!
  • Become involved in the campus community!
  • Make friends with some awesome collegiettes!

If you still need some convincing, check out what some current and former Her Campus William and Mary members have to say:

“Her Campus helped me grow into a stronger writer and more confident individual. I’ve always enjoyed writing, but exposure to writing for an audience of peers rather than professors has helped me grow immensely. Not only was it a fun change from academic papers, but it helped me learn how to specifically tailor my writing and how to turn out writing quickly, against weekly deadlines. This has been immensely helpful to me not only in school but also in my life in general, deadlines are no longer as intimidating to me as I have been trained in how to meet them quickly and know I can do it. As for confidence, publishing my writing online for a huge audience every week forced me to be confident and assured in what I was writing and presenting, and be ready to defend my thoughts. That’s a life skill as well as a HC skill, and it has been invaluable in other areas of my life as well. Not to mention, Her Campus is fun – I met some of my best friends there and always had a great time at brainstorming meetings. HCWM gave me the opportunities to have my voice heard, to be a leader, and to make lifelong friends, and I’m so grateful I got to be a part of it!”

–A Former Her Campus Member

“I love writing for HerCampus because it has given me a real platform to write about what interests me — whether it be a serious piece about my experience at the Women’s March on Washington or a more irreverent piece on the ins and outs of the former celebrity power couple, Hiddleswift.”

–Current Editor-in-Chief, Abby Russo

Her Campus is a great way to find an outlet and an audience for what you have to say. Being able to share my thoughts on a variety of topics from entertainment to sports, has really helped me hone my style as a writer, while still having fun. Getting to hang out with some really cool people and make lifelong friends doesn’t hurt either! Her Campus is an incredible organization that empowers women to be the best they can be, and I’m so glad that I chose to make Her Campus a part of my life.”

–Current Campus Correspondent and President, Sarah Shevenock

So, to apply to join the Her Campus William and Mary team, click here

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.