10 Signs It’s Spring at William & Mary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

The birds are chirping, the sunken gardens are green again…and surprise torrential downpour soaks you on the way to class. Here are the ten signs it’s spring at W&M–the good, the bad, and the ugly.

1. Everyone is enjoying the Sadler terrace again in the nicer weather…

And with all the eating outside, the wasps are back. Just throwing your food out in one of the garbage cans is a challenge.

2. The possibility of having class outside is real and wonderful…

But so is the possible doom of an impending midterm/final/paper to destroy your GPA.

3. The weather is awesome…

For one day, and then the next it’s cold/raining/extremely windy again.

4. Colonial Williamsburg is the perfect spot for an afternoon walk…

But thousands of other tourists have the same idea.

5. Everyone is riding their bikes again in the nice weather…

And the risk of you getting hit by one has exponentially increased. Or maybe you’ll be the one who wipes out.

6. The weather is perfect for shorts and dresses…

If you can bring yourself to shave your legs in the dorm showers. Dressing for a lazy day just got so much more difficult.

7. It’s time to select new classes for next semester, and the possibilities are endless…

If you can get into any of the classes, you want, which is hard when Banner makes your life incredibly difficult. Maybe you’ll fill that GER 4B next semester? Or the one after that?

8. The brick paths are clear of snow, and sand, and salt…

And all the bricks are perfectly primed to trip you. Probably at the worst and most embarrassing time while everyone is changing classes, too.

9. It’s finally warm enough outside to enforce you New Years’ Resolution of going for a run…

But let’s be honest, you would rather stay seated on your bed in sweatpants with pizza.

10. Campus is absolutely beautiful again…and there’s nowhere you’d rather be.

Dana Florczak is an English major at the College of William and Mary, with aspirations of being the boss when she grows up. She loves talking about herself in the third person.