10 Reasons Why Ed Sheeran Should Be Your New Favorite Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

If you are anything like me, you have been a fan of Ed Sheeran’s work for a long time. I was eagerly awaiting his new tunes and was counting down the days until March 3, when his new album Divide, came out. While I knew it would be fantastic, I didn’t know just how awesome it would be. So now, I am on a one-woman mission to make sure everyone understands how amazing and talented Ed Sheeran is. If these reasons don’t win you over, I don’t know what will!

1. He plays all of his music by himself—and it sounds incredible. Check out his performance of “Shape of You” at this year’s Grammy Awards.
  2. If that isn’t your speed, check out his collaboration with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots. They only use classroom instruments to recreate “Shape of You.”
  3. He loves cats and even made a music video that was just him hanging out with his cat. Source
  4. He is responsible for some of the most popular songs on the radio, including songs by Justin Bieber and One Direction. Source
  5. His love for Legos is out of control. Source
  6. He made a music video where Rupert Grint of the Harry Potter films played him, and he helped Rupert get into character. Source
  7. He loves food! Source
  8. He is exploring an acting career and will be featured in the upcoming season of Game of Thrones. Source
  9. He has an honorary doctorate from University Campus Suffolk. Source
  10. Even with all of his success he has remained incredibly humble. He seems like the kind of person you could just grab a bite to eat with and talk about whatever.Source
Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.