This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s the biggest darty of the year and the last stress-reliever before the burdens of finals dump their load upon us. If you’re going to celebrate it, you’ve got to celebrate it right…

The day begins bright and early; ease your way into it with some chill music.

1. Wake Up by Fetty Wap
  1. Paris by The Chainsmokers
  1. Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
  1. Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez
  1. Options by Pitbull

However, as the mimosas begin to empty, you’ll need to amp up the beats and let the bass drop.

1. Congratulations by Post Malone
  1. iSpy by KYLE ft. Lil Yachty
  1. Bounce Back by Big Sean
  1. Dan Bilzerian by T-Pain
  1. Swalla by Jason Derulo ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla Sign

Sooner or later, no one will be paying attention to the music, so it’ll be a good idea to switch over to music to which people know all of the lyrics.

1. Caroline by Amine
  1. Broccoli by D.R.A.M.
  1. Bad and Boujee by Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert
  1. Closer by The Chainsmokers (You probably semi-hate me for even putting this “completely overrated and overplayed song” on this playlist. Just trust me— you can thank me later.)

However, even Kids Bop tends to be more on-key than a crowd of drunk girls screaming, “BABY, PULL ME CLOSER…” That said, I suggest playing songs everyone can dance to, but don’t know necessarily know the words.

1. Spaghetti by Fat Joe
  1. Lean Back by Terror Squad
  1. The Let Out by Jidenna

People are dancing? Three words: Throw. It. Back.

1. Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado
  1. Tipsy by J-Kwon
  1. Candy Shop by 50 Cent
  1. Laffy Taffy by D4L
  1. Ignition by R. Kelly
  1. Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston
  1. Gold Digger by Kanye West
  1. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince

Last, but not least, end the party in the only way we know.

1. Closing Time by Semisonic

Being the DJ can be a stressful responsibility, as music truly makes it or breaks it at any social gathering. However, the right playlist has the power to fix any party foul. Happy darty season, and may the bass be ever in your favor.

Raven is a junior at UW-Madison majoring in Retailing and Consumer Behavior with certificates in Digital Studies and Entrepreneurship. She will be studying abroad at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia the Spring Semester of 2019.Until then, you can find her at any cafe within a two mile radius of UW-Madison watching The Office/ googling photos of Labrador Retriever puppies with a coffee in hand (unless it's monday night because that's reserved for the Bachelor).
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!