freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Coffee Is Better Than Boyfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

A good boyfriend can be a great thing, but a good cup of coffee can be even better. This isn’t to say we should have to choose coffee over boyfriends. But humor me: say it came down to having a boyfriend or getting your daily dose of caffeinated joy. Wouldn’t you at least be tempted to choose coffee?

In the beginning, your relationship with coffee might be a little rocky. It takes some time to figure out how to brew the perfect cup. 

But once you figure it out, you will experience euphoria. It is true love. 

You can always count on coffee to be there for you in the morning. 

It will make you feel more alive.

It won’t distract you; it will make you more productive. Coffee won’t play games. It will leave you feeling energized, not drained. 

You will never have to choose between spending time with coffee and your friends.

And eventually, you will realize you need it in your life.

When it comes down to it, coffee never disappoints. 

Taylor Shiff is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in Communication Arts-Radio/TV/Film, with a Digital Studies certificate. She is a yogi, cupcake enthusiast and superfan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Taylor is also the writer behind the blog, "Life in the Lost and Found Bin", at http://www.lifeinthelostandfoundbin.com
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!