Who Is This Lin-Manuel Miranda Guy Everyone Is Talking About?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I am sure by this point you have heard the name Lin-Manuel Miranda.  The real question is: do you know who he is? If the answer is no, then let me educate you because you are missing out.

1. The first thing you need to know about Lin-Manuel is that he is an absolute genius who can do just about anything. He is an actor, writer, rapper, singer, and composer. What can’t this man do?

1. The second most important thing about Lin-Manuel Miranda is that he wrote two musicals: Hamilton and In The Heights.

1. Both of Lin-Manuel’s musicals were highly successful, and, as a result, he has acquired three Tony Awards, two Grammys, an Emmy, and a Pulitzer Prize. Lin clearly knows what he is doing.

1. Even more so, Hamilton has spread like a wildfire and is all anyone is talking about. Because of this, Lin has created The Hamilton Mixtape. The mixed tape is a just a small fraction of the Hamilton album reinterpreted by artists like Alicia Keyes, The Roots, Kelly Clarkson, Sia, John Legend, Chance The Rapper, and more!

1. I am not done yet, there’s more. PBS released a documentary about Lin-Manuel’s process of creating Hamilton on October 21 called Hamilton’s America. Coming from someone who has watched it, the “Hamildoc” is absolutely amazing and extremely inspiring. By the end of it you are going to want to create something, Trust me, it has that effect on you.

1. Moving away from the topic of Hamilton, Lin has composed songs for the new Disney movie Moana. If you get sick of listening to Hamilton, which I doubt is even possible, on November 18th the Moana album was released.

Lin-Manuel Miranda, history has its eyes on you.

Hi, my name is Alexandria Chapes and I am a senior at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Theatre and Drama as an Acting Specialist with a certificate in Digital Studies. I enjoy writing in my spare time, especially about theatre, because it is a world unknown to many that I loving sharing with others!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!