This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There are over seven billion people in the world, but we can’t think of a single person who would benefit from these clothing choices. Check out our top five items that are sure to get you on TLC’s What Not to Wear.

1.      White legging as pants

White leggings and pants are never substitutes.  The only time it is possibly okay to wear white leggings, could be under a dress or skirt… and sometimes even that doesn’t work.  Black leggings are acceptable in any season and more flattering to every body type.  As a bonus, you don’t have to worry about them being see-through to your bright pink panties! 

2.      Sparkly Ugg boots

Warning: if you are twelve years or older, these should never be included in your wardrobe.  There are just some things no girl should wear after third grade, and sparkly Uggs are one of them.  Regular Uggs are softer, way more comfortable, and much more suitable for a college girl.  So, stick those old sparkly ones in the donation box!

3.      Theatrical eye makeup

Unless you are dressing up for Halloween, or actually involved in theater, eye makeup should be kept simple.  Bright, colorful eye shadow is rarely flattering, even if you know how to apply it.  That’s not to say you should never use color, a little bit of green liner or a soft pink shadow can go a long way.  Just remember not to overdo it!

4.      Bermuda Shorts

These shorts aren’t made for college girls.  If you’re worried your cutoffs are too short, grab a pair of capris that hit right below the knee.  Capris are much more flattering to every body type! 

5.      Drop crotch pants

Unless you’re a dancer and this is your uniform, you should stick to regular pants.  Any pair of pants with the crotch at the knee should probably be a fashion don’t.  If it’s comfy pants you’re looking for, there are plenty of better alternatives, leave these at the cash register and keep on looking!

These fashion don’ts are easy to avoid and find alternatives for.  Follow these simple rules and you’ll look professional and put together no matter where you go! 

Madison Krigbaum

Wisconsin '18

.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com