What Her Campus Has Taught Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This has been the hardest year of my life. Without going too far in detail, I planned two large events on campus, finished an internship, started two more, continued babysitting (and dog watching… lol), mentored middle school students with learning disabilities, survived my junior year of college (tbd) and learned that my family would be moving to Louisiana all while powering through my own form of a learning disability. Oh, and life happened at some point in there. While everything changed around me, my constant was found in Her Campus and I couldn’t be more thankful.

My sophomore year, I was handed the role of Editor in Chief. After a crazy semester of figuring out what that meant, and going through transitions with others in leadership roles, I found my niche and started working towards forming a close team. At some point over hours of planning events and meetings and countless GroupMe messages, the Her Campus Wisconsin team had become a family. Whether they know it or not, these ladies have powered me through some of the hardest times and become my best friends. Here are 10 things I’ve learned from Her Campus. 

1. Your best friends don’t necessarily come from freshman year, but can be found in student orgs, too! 

I never thought during freshman year that this org would lead me to lifelong friendships. 

2. Sometimes the best support system is found among 50 girls.

It’s like a sorority, but with cheaper dues. 

3. Chipotle brings everyone together.

(lol)

4. Her Campus writers are the hardest working people I know.

They power out weekly articles that keep us consistently in the top 10 chapters! 

5. But they’re also some of the craziest. 

I will never forget my 21st birthday with these ladies. 

6. They’re a built in study group.

J201, anyone?

7. They’re always ready to meet up at bars or for brunch

Our two favorite “b” words, let’s be honest.

8. They laugh at my awful puns and weird talents.

In West Philadelphia born and raised…

9. They’re excited and passionate about making Her Campus Wisco an incredible org. 

We’ve done philanthropy events for the Wisconsin Women’s Network, had an incredible #PerfectlyImperfect event, laughed during fun socials and ate too much at brunch. 

10. Above all, these ladies are excited to see what next year has in store! 

As I hand in my last final and start the summer of my Senior year, I couldn’t be more proud of the hard work Her Campus Wisconsin has shown over the last year. On, Wisconsin!! 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!