UW Madison wins Sports Illustrated’s “Best Gameday Tradition” Contest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The Badgers’ recent Rosebowl victory is not the only feat to cheer about; UW Madison’s tradition of singing and dancing to “Jump Around” was voted Best Gameday Tradition in a contest held by Sports Illustrated. For those who have never made it to the to the end of the 3rd quarter, House of Pain’s “Jump Around” is blasted throughout Camp Randall stadium. UW’s 14 year tradition beat 15 other colleges and universities in this season-long, online contest to find a victor. Other college football powerhouses such as University of Southern California, Ohio State University, and the University of Notre Dame were noteworthy runner-ups. Badger fans moved the tradition to Pasadena in last seasons Rose Bowl, and can surely be expected to this year as well.  Regardless of UW’s underdog status in the upcoming 2013 Rosebowl, Badgers have already won the most important award of the year!

Click here to view Badger fans rousing the Rosebowl stadium with “Jump Around” at last season’s game against Oregon.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/video/jump-around-at-rose-bowl/vmix_8bf1acfe-35aa-11e1-a819-001871e3ce6c.html