andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Unique Valentine’s Day Gifts your Boyfriend will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Valentine’s Day is less than a week away and you still have absolutely no idea what to get your boyfriend! Sure, it’s a Hallmark holiday and it’s probably a little too romantic for his taste, but you still want to make the day special. Why are men so hard to shop for? Here’s a few gifts your man will actually appreciate this V-day.

A Waffle IronThis gift is super creative and fun, so it’s perfect for a couple that’s either just starting to date or has been dating forever! The gift is low-key and not super mushy, but also super unique. Plus this leads to a fun date night idea of making homemade waffles – you could even bring the fixings for a waffle bar! Plus, even boys who are completely helpless in the kitchen can figure out how to make waffles.

$15 on Amazon.

A Subscription BoxI did this one for a Christmas present but this is a good gift for a couple that has been together for a while (and doesn’t see it ending anytime soon) because the subscription typically lasts a few months. The box is super fun and easy and takes the hassle off of you to make all the decisions! Plus, it’s fun for you too because you get surprised every month as well as him. I chose Urban Dapper Club which sends ties, pocket squares, and other classy gifts for a fancy man but it’s important to make sure you get one that suits your boyfriend’s personality. There’s outdoors, sports, grilling, beer, and game boxes to fit anyone’s personality—or budget!

Check out more at all different prices ranging from $7 to $70 at Crate Joy.

TicketsIf you’re both more into experiences instead of tangible items, think about getting some tickets to a Wisconsin hockey or basketball game! If sports aren’t his thing, The Head and The Heart are coming to the Orpheum on February 21tst and 22nd and that gift would be worth waiting for! Plus this means you both get to have a fun time making new memories together and takes off the pressure of a romantic date or expensive gift.

Anywhere from $20 to $50.

Wisconsin Beer MapIf you’re boyfriend has a deep appreciation for this craft beer, consider getting him this fun Wisconsin beer map. This is an especially good gift for guys who hate the romance of Valentine’s Day and like to keep things a little more manly. Not only will his walls look a little less like a bachelor pad with something hanging on them, it’s manly enough his bros won’t give him crap about it either.

$29.95 on Etsy. 

Zeus Beard Grooming Kit 

If you’re dating a guy who spends more time trimming his beard than you do curling your hair, consider getting him the Zeus beard grooming kit. The brand is called Zeus, which makes any bearded man feel like a god. Plus he’ll smell great, which just makes it a bonus for you!

Price varies on product at Zeus Beard.

Just a few fast and easy last minute gift ideas that are sure to show your boyfriend just how much you adore him this Valentine’s Day! Happy loving!

UW-Madison • Journalism: Double-tracking Reporting and Strategic Communications with a Certificate in Digital Studies  
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!