Senior Year as told by the Cast of “Shameless”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you haven’t binged on “Shameless” yet, you simply aren’t doing Netflix right. “Shameless” is my new obsession, and I can’t decide whether or not it’s because I’m in love with Lip Gallagher or that they make my family and me look sane. Either way, in honor of the season 7 premiere, here is senior year brought to you by the glorious cast of “Shameless.”

When you get to campus and feel like royalty:

When you see the freshmen getting lost on the way to class:

Or when somebody thinks you’re a freshman:

When you can’t get yourself to look presentable for class:

When you can’t find motivation to do anything:

When your teacher tells you procrastination isn’t going to work in this class:

When you realize that you have to be a real human in less than a year:

When your parents start cutting you off:

When all you want to do is go out and enjoy your last months on campus:

When you’re the oldest one at the bar:

When the bouncer tries denying you at the bar:

When people ask you what you’re doing after graduation:

Or when people ask you what you’re going to do with a journalism major:

When you meet someone who is still as motivated as they were freshman year:

When you realize you only have two more semesters of midterms/finals left:

When you get sentimental about your leaving your friends so you take advantage of every opportunity to be fools together:

The joys, or lack thereof, of senior year are endless. But, I hope these gifs eased the bitter sweetness that is senior year. 

I am a senior at UW Madison and third year student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. After pursuing a major in Strategic Communications and a certificate in digital studies, I'm hoping to be the next Chelsea Handler or get adopted by the Kardashian clan. When I'm not roaming Madison or doing school work, you can find me being cooler than my twin sister, taking selfies without any shame, or quoting Gilmore Girls on social media. I'm a lover of all things fashion, lifestyle and puppies. I'm so excited about being a writer for Her Campus and hope you enjoy all my thoughts and my attempts at being funny with you!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!