This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

What’s white, black and red all over? You guessed it, Wisconsin Badgers!  Game day is back and seriously better than ever (or maybe we just feel that way after severe WISCdrawal).  After spending our summers working, tanning or just relaxing, it is still easy to admit that there is nothing quite like game day.

The flood of people on State Street Saturday mornings will truly never get old, but the experience is unprecedented for the first few game days of the year.  The 7:30 am wakeup calls on these mornings are the only that are welcome without protest, and the first shots taken at 8:30 am are only acceptable because it’s game day.

So how do you make your game day the best?  Well, it all begins with the prep.

1.     The outfit, which is decided the night before of course. Wisconsin red is a necessity to ensure that every inch of Madison is a sea of red and white, so make sure to do your part and represent the best school in the world.

2.     Beauty sleep, because you’ll be the lamest person at the tailgate without it. Every game day deserves your best effort, which means you have to be on your A game. Remember that waking up before 10 am is already unnatural, so make it easier on yourself and get some sleep.

3.     A great crew, which is sure to make or break your day. Use the buddy system to hop from tailgate to tailgate. The awkward realization that you are surrounded by everyone but your friends is so not worth it; plus, who’s gonna be there to take you home when you’ve finally had enough?

4.     The pregame is the determining factor of how your day will go because it’s basically the starting point. Having a sick time already? Well, get ready for the real party.

5.     Last but definitely not least is the playlist. Most things on game day are blurry, but the music always leaves a mark. The right music sets the right mood, whether you are waking up to the music, getting ready to it or blasting it at the tailgate, and it will always make people hesitant to leave. Check out some of our favorite game day jams here as you prepare yourself for the next best game day of your life.

Game Days are full of fun, friends and beer, so Her Campus decided to create a playlist just for flip cupping and partying on Lathrop.  Enjoy our Badger Pregame Jams playlist and don’t forget to follow us on Soundcloud for more playlists and awesome music. 

Hi everybody! I'm Kerry, a freshman at UW-Madison majoring in Journalism with a Digital Studies certificate. I am passionate about writing about all things beauty, love, and many other fascinating facets of life. I'd love for you to join me as I write about my journey through college!
Olivia is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with big aspirations in PR and advertising. With a love for writing, beauty and confidence, she’s making it through college one step at a time.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com