This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The difference between freshman and sophomore is definitely drastic… you have your friends, you know your way around, you know the best places to eat, etc. But it’s a whole other story if you’re a sorority girl. Being a sophomore in a sorority at UW-Madison, you have the option of living in the sorority house, and when you do there’s nothing else like it!

From running around in towels, to binge eating at 3 a.m., to frantically borrowing everyone’s clothes before going out, sorority life is definitely unique. I asked girls in almost every sorority here at UW-Madison about their experience living in, here’s what they had to say:

“The by far best thing about the srat house is having food magically appear in the refrigerator without going grocery shopping.” – Maddy Lippman

“You gotta love watching people come in after walks of shame and hearing ALL about It.” – Julie Gretenstein

“My favorite thing is staying in and running around together like crazy people doing the most random but fun things.” – Lissie Shubin

“I love living with all my closest friends and getting ready together; you literally have 30 more closets to choose from!!” – Maddie Serota

“The craziest part is when we all make a spontaneous decision to go on food runs at 4 a.m… if two people are down we all hop on the band wagon.” – Alyssa Haber

“I honestly didn’t expect to enjoy waking up in the morning, but now I do because I walk down to fresh coffee, breakfast, and sisters.” – Max Hart

From all different sororities, these girls and tons more had amazing things to say about their experience living in the sorority house… So bring on the late night eating, Netflix watching, and nail painting! Because being a real housewife of UW Greek Life definitely comes with its perks.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!