kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The One, the Only: Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Who is Kayla Itsines, and why does she care so much about our bikini bodies? Kayla Itsines is a 24-year-old certified fitness trainer from Australia. Kayla has basically started a cult with her bikini body guides, which include a 12-week exercise plan consisting of four-seven minute circuits. Her Instagram boasts hundreds and thousands of before and after pictures of everyday women showing their success.

I interviewed junior Chloe Butler, a dedicated Kayla follower, who is now on her fourth round of Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide:

How did hear about Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide?             

My sister Maddy found it on Instagram, and we both saw the insane results and knew we had to try.

Why Kayla?

My whole life I was an athlete and was always big on cardio and endurance training. My workouts were never really dedicated to strength training. I wanted to find a workout routine that focused on muscle and strength training and not solely cardio. I ultimately wanted to see a change in my body, and I felt that through Kayla’s guide I could find that. What really sold me on Kayla’s guide was the before and after photos. These women saw such incredible results, and I wanted to see that change in my body.

What was it like when you first started and how has it changed?

This is my fourth time doing the guide over, and not going to lie I am still incredibly sore. The thing is you get better at doing the guide so you do movements faster and move through the circuits quicker. You end up working your body harder because you’ve gained more strength. I also do my own strength training in-between the circuit days and it makes my workouts much harder.

What have your results been and have you been happy?

I have been so pleased with my results. I’ve really seen results in my whole body. I am so much stronger to begin with than I was when I started. I’ve noticed this in everyday things I do. I just have more strength. I’ve also really seen physical changes in my arms, legs, stomach and back. I have gained a lot more definition. Not only has it changed my body it has changed my state of mind when it comes to working out. I’ve realized it’s not all about cardio if you want to see results, strength training is really necessary and can truly give you even better results.

Well there you have it ladies (and maybe gentleman) Kayla’s workouts really do work. If you want to see the amazing results check out @KaylaItsines on Instagram and go download Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide, and get the bikini body of your dreams!

I am currently a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications within the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I am also getting a certificate in digital studies. I love all things fashion and food related, and you can almost always find me stalking some fashion blogger on Instagram, desperately wishing I could be them! 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!