Oh, so you think you’re not a feminist? #FeministRantAhead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Anyone who knows me well knows two important things about me: I love to #rant and I’m a bleeding feminist. While some women and men may cringe when I say I’m a feminist, I am proud to say that I care deeply about equal rights.

Have you barfed yet? Rolling your eyes? Yes, I get that reaction a lot. And I mean A LOT. But that just adds more flames to my feminist rant. I cannot understand when anyone, especially women, says they are not a feminist. If you believe in the equality of all people, regardless of their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, political beliefs…then BOZINGA! You are a feminist. Congratulations.

For those of you haters, take a fun quiz to see if you’re a feminist!

Question 1:

Question 2:

If you answered yes to both of these questions, then according to areyouafeminist.com, you are a feminist.

Now for those of you still not convinced, I’m going to take the celebrity endorsement route and show you beautiful, smart, funny celebrities who are “out” as feminists.

Miley Cyrus (AKA one of my fave feminists)

“I’m just about equality, period. It’s not like, I’m a woman, women should be in charge! I just want there to be equality for everybody. I still don’t think we’re there 100 percent. I mean, guy rappers grab their crotch all f*cking day and have hoes around them, but no one talks about it. But if I grab my crotch and I have hot model bitches around me, I’m degrading women? I’m a woman—I should be able to have girls around me! But I’m part of the evolution of that. I hope.” –Miley 

Beyonce (AKA…Beyonce)

Amy Poehler (AKA the GOAT of all Feminists)

Jennifer Lawrence (she don’t give a ….)

Emma Watson (AKA the greatest witch of all time)

“You know, I feel like young girls are told that they have to be this kind of princess and be all delicate and fragile, and it’s bullsh*t. I identified much more with the idea of being a warrior, and being a fighter… I think women are scared of feeling powerful and strong and brave, and I think that’s something they’ve got embrace.” – Emma

Ryan Gosling (so dreamy)

Gosling has a lot of made up feminist quotes on the crazy popular “Hey Girl” tumbler, but he admits in interviews that he in fact is a feminist. 

My main issue when people say they aren’t feminists, is that I think they just don’t like the connotation of the word. They think it has to mean anti-men or “I will lead every rally and protest this and that.” But it doesnt. It’s simply a word that, once embraced, will help our generation move forward and progress to become a better and more liveable world where every human being is equal not only under law, but also in society.

Ellen Page could not have said it any better:  

And if you still aren’t convinced, listen to this song by Lily Allen because I’m sure you can relate.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com