Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wisconsin Features

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Review

By Kelly Daly
November 25, 2013 - 11:06am

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire hit theaters last weekend, and you better believe I was waiting in line at the 8 pm showing on Thursday night! I read the trilogy and LOVED IT, so when the first movie came out in 2012 I didn’t think it would do the series justice. However, I thought the casting in the first movie was impeccable and the same three leads: Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale, do not disappoint in the second installment, Catching Fire. READ MORE

Prince Charming and the Parents

By Maddie Eckle
November 21, 2013 - 11:58am

It’s your first week on campus and you’re about to be late to class… again. Booking it up Bascom with your backpack filled with unnecessary notebooks, folders, a multitude of colored pens and monogramed pencils, you can’t help but notice that while your trek begins to feel longer, the weight of your backpack is lighter. This realization makes you believe one of two things: either your legs just did some serious bulking up, or your backpack is slowly leaking. Stopping dead in your tracks, you dramatically, and slowly, spin on your heel to survey the damage. But, wait. Is that a cute guy picking up every single pink pen, rainbow eraser and miniature hand sanitizer bottle in sight? READ MORE...

15 Ways You Know You’re a True Badger

By Ava Paradise
November 13, 2013 - 11:39am

Now we know UW-Madison is the best school in the nation, but what exactly sets us badgers a part from the rest? In honor of our last two game days coming up (BEAT IU and Penn State!), here’s a short list of why us badgers are the finest around…   READ MORE

Fundamentally Sound Fall Show

By Hillary Bautch
November 11, 2013 - 1:42pm

Ladies, we’ve all seen Pitch Perfect probably more times than we’d like to admit. If you haven’t, you should seriously question your life choices and go watch it right now. Well, the incredibly talented (and cute!) boys of Fundamentally Sound a cappella could give the Treblemakers a run for their money! I had the pleasure of going to the Fundamentally Sound fall show this past Friday night and it was beyond amazing. Not only are these guys great singers, but they’re also hilarious. Performing songs ranging from the music of Tarzan, to Mumford & Sons, all the way back to The Bee Gees; if I wasn’t a poor college student I would have gone again on Saturday night. READ MORE

Live Bella Soul

By Hillary Bautch
November 7, 2013 - 12:34pm

“That’s beautiful” seems to be the mantra of young Shannon Strader, 20, who I was lucky enough to sit down to coffee with and talk about her remarkable life. All of her experiences have led her to start Bella Soul, the nation’s first organization specifically for college students dealing with physical disease. READ MORE

November’s Festival of Facial Hair: No Shave November Begins

By Morgan Liddell
November 5, 2013 - 3:01pm

Late Halloween night the buzzing of razors echoed loud and clear from the boys’ bathroom while my floor’s men gathered for their annual “No Shave November” opening ceremony. The event centered on one activity; the official last shave of the fall season. Minutes later they began chanting “the better the beard, the better the man” and ran out in a flurry of fallen whiskers. READ MORE

Fashion Trend Alert: Tulle Skirt

By Christine Chiang
November 5, 2013 - 11:05am

READ MORE

The Down Low on Condé Nast Ending their Internship Program

By Mary Franke
October 31, 2013 - 9:54am

READ MORE

It’s a Snugglin’ Good Time

By Livi Pitzo
October 30, 2013 - 6:04pm

Admit it ladies- sometimes, there are moments where the only reason you want a boyfriend is so that you have someone to stay in and cuddle with. But what if you didn’t need a boyfriend to get that one-hour snuggle you so greatly desire? The Snuggle House, located right here in Madison, is a business that provides one-hour snuggle sessions to its customers for a charge of $60. The business was supposed to open its doors on October 15th, but concerns about the Snuggle House being a front for prostitution postponed the opening.   Madison Assistant City Attorney Jennifer Zilavy is concerned that once people have gotten their snuggle in, they’ll be aroused and looking for more. READ MORE

A Look into Madison's Newest Boutique: Iona

By Maddie Eckle
October 30, 2013 - 11:55am

The tiny island of Iona, Scotland is believed to be one of the most sacred places in the world. Full of stunning medieval architecture, white sand beaches, and calming villages, the New York Times states that it is merely a speck among the archipelago, Hebrides, but a historically rich speck at that. Madison’s new, premiere fashion boutique gets its name from this so-called speck and it seems to resemble just that. READ MORE