Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wisconsin Features

10 Greatest Moments of Oscars 2014

By Martha Burke
March 3, 2014 - 10:30pm

1. The Oscar selfie that shutdown twitter 2. Pink singing somewhere over the rainbow 3. Ellen dressing as Glinda right after 4. Lupita Nyongo’o’s outfit READ MORE

Spring Break ‘14: Expectation vs. Reality

By Ava Paradise
March 2, 2014 - 12:51pm

No matter where you are going this spring break season, we collegiates always have the highest expectations. Whether you’re staying on campus, going to a fancy resort in the Bahamas, or going to Mexico with your besties, spring break is always an exciting and tiring part of our spring semester. And when it comes to the beach and college students, things surely get interesting… Expectation: You’re so excited to get to your destination you could leave this second Reality: You still have one more day of classes READ MORE

Red Rock Saloon Review

By Mary Franke
February 27, 2014 - 1:32pm

Located on 322 West Johnson St., once home to the late Logan’s, now stands Red Rock Saloon. The bar that’s made quite the name for itself in Milwaukee has now landed its own spot in Madison. They recently opened February 14th and were warmly welcomed by the Madison community with lines down the block all weekend. READ MORE

2014 Oscar Predictions: Who should win at this year’s Academy Awards?

By Nick Brazzoni
February 27, 2014 - 1:20pm

The calendar movie year is coming to a close, and as always, the Oscar’s are here to close it out. In previous years, it’s been quite clear who is going to win in most of the major award categories before the show even starts, but this year is different. This time around, most of the big awards are still up for grabs, so let’s delve into the major categories and see who should and will win at the 86th Academy Awards. BEST PICTURE READ MORE

Qdoba's New Queso

By Priyanka Sikka
February 26, 2014 - 3:30pm

On February 10th 2014 at 10:30 am I recieved a life-changing text message from Qdoba: 
My jaw dropped in utter amazement as I began to realize that Qdoba would now be offering MORE QUESO. As a major queso-head, like the #doba4life #quesorunsinmyblood #iinstagrammyburittoseverday kind of girl, I ultimately researched more on the topic. The new "Queso Diablo" featured jalpenos and smokey chipotles to add a spicy flare to burritos. The "Queso Verde" was a fresher queso with tons of cilantro and lime juice providing the burrito with a little more tang. READ MORE

What UW Guys Really Think About Hooking Up vs. Dating

By Wisco Girl
February 26, 2014 - 2:50pm

Now I’m no expert, but if you’re looking for a boyfriend I can offer you one piece of advice—transfer to Boston College…now.  BC recently published an article asking guys if they would rather hook up or date girls. The answer? Date. No, that was NOT a typo. The article was full of quotes from guys saying they liked the emotional aspect of dating and wrote off hookups as meaningless sex that can be fun for a while but not as fulfilling as a relationship.  How much did they pay them to say that?  The majority of guys that I encounter at Madison would only be caught whispering those words to get into someone’s pants.  But maybe I was wrong about them and judged too quickly....

4 Ways to Prevent S.A.D this Winter

By Livi Pitzo
February 18, 2014 - 10:51am

You’re having trouble waking up in the morning and have a lack of energy once you do. You’re feeling withdrawn from family, friends, and basically the outside world in general. Hopelessness and despair are common feelings for you. If this is the case, one of two things has happened: either you’ve just finished the series of Gossip Girl and you’re wondering why your life can’t be like Blair Waldorf’s, or you could have a case of S.A.D. READ MORE

Timeflash: Your Future in a Capsule

By Ava Paradise
February 14, 2014 - 9:48am

Do you collegiates ever dream of being the next Mark Zuckerberg? How about the next Steve Jobs? Have you ever wanted to create a super cool app? Well, look no further because Jared Kash, creator of a new app called Timeflash is currently living both dreams. Timeflash is a “digital time capsule app” that lets you take and share pictures. However, unlike familiar apps like Instagram and Snapchat, Timeflash is time-based. READ MORE

8 Steps to Galentine's Day

By Becca Bahrke
February 12, 2014 - 11:37pm

It’s February 13th, basically the best and most romantic day of the year: Galentine’s Day. You haven’t heard of Galentine’s Day? Thanks to the lovely Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), ladies now have a day that’s all about celebrating their friendships and how awesome we are. And who’s saying this day of celebrating should stop when the clock strikes Valentine’s Day?   Here’s how to make the best of Galentine’s: 1. To start, don’t believe this BS….it will only lead to a complicated mess. READ MORE

Sochi Winter Olympics: Who to Watch

By Livi Pitzo
February 10, 2014 - 2:25pm

Sochi Winter Olympics: Who to Watch By Livi Pitzo   It’s that time of year when the world provides us with another opportunity to stay inside and procrastinate on studying: the Olympics. While Sochi might be a little unprepared, the U.S. Olympic athletes are anything but. Here are the top Olympic athletes to watch in this year’s games.   READ MORE