Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Wisconsin News

November’s Festival of Facial Hair: No Shave November Begins

By Morgan Liddell
November 5, 2013 - 3:01pm

Late Halloween night the buzzing of razors echoed loud and clear from the boys’ bathroom while my floor’s men gathered for their annual “No Shave November” opening ceremony. The event centered on one activity; the official last shave of the fall season. Minutes later they began chanting “the better the beard, the better the man” and ran out in a flurry of fallen whiskers. READ MORE

Fashion Trend Alert: Tulle Skirt

By Christine Chiang
November 5, 2013 - 11:05am

READ MORE

The Down Low on Condé Nast Ending their Internship Program

By Mary Franke
October 31, 2013 - 9:54am

READ MORE

It’s a Snugglin’ Good Time

By Livi Pitzo
October 30, 2013 - 6:04pm

Admit it ladies- sometimes, there are moments where the only reason you want a boyfriend is so that you have someone to stay in and cuddle with. But what if you didn’t need a boyfriend to get that one-hour snuggle you so greatly desire? The Snuggle House, located right here in Madison, is a business that provides one-hour snuggle sessions to its customers for a charge of $60. The business was supposed to open its doors on October 15th, but concerns about the Snuggle House being a front for prostitution postponed the opening.   Madison Assistant City Attorney Jennifer Zilavy is concerned that once people have gotten their snuggle in, they’ll be aroused and looking for more. READ MORE

A Look into Madison's Newest Boutique: Iona

By Maddie Eckle
October 30, 2013 - 11:55am

The tiny island of Iona, Scotland is believed to be one of the most sacred places in the world. Full of stunning medieval architecture, white sand beaches, and calming villages, the New York Times states that it is merely a speck among the archipelago, Hebrides, but a historically rich speck at that. Madison’s new, premiere fashion boutique gets its name from this so-called speck and it seems to resemble just that. READ MORE

Guide to Finding the Perfect Apartment

By Kelly Daly
October 27, 2013 - 6:21pm

With the holidays just around the corner, it’s one of the most wonderful—and daunting—times of the year. Even though it feels like we’ve just settled in, it’s already time to start the apartment search for next year. Whether you’ve spent the last 3 months in a 4 foot dorm room, or you’re familiar with apartment living, here’s a guide to making the search as simple as possible…and hey, at least you’re not apartment hunting in NYC!   READ MORE

Freakfest 2013

By Carley Bosshard
October 24, 2013 - 12:21pm

Ask us colleigettes ten years ago what our Halloween plans are and we might have gotten wholesome responses involving pumpkin carving, trick or treating and most importantly dressing up as your favorite princess (of course, your mom making sure you had on enough layers to keep you warm all night).  Fast-forward and our responses have drastically changed thanks to one of Madison’s favorite traditions, Freakfest. Halloween on our campus is not only a time to express your creativity through your fab costume, but also a time to experience State Street in a different way than the other 364 days of the year.  READ MORE

2014 Spring Commencement Moved to Camp Randall

By Ilana Fromm
October 23, 2013 - 4:31pm

Although we only have two home games left, this year’s senior class will close out their college experience at Camp Randall in May. The Senior Class Officers announced this morning that the 2014 Commencement Ceremony will take place on May 17 in Camp Randall Stadium. The decision comes as the result of a shared effort between students, Chancellor Rebecca Blank, and the Division of Student Life. In previous years, multiple graduation ceremonies spanned the weekend, grouping students together by major. The revised commencement plan will bring all undergraduate and master’s candidates together in a ceremony at noon on Saturday, while plans are still in the works for Friday’s PhD., DMA, MFA and professional degree ceremony, according to the Senior Class...

Get Creative with Your Couple’s Costume

By Livi Pitzo
October 18, 2013 - 11:53am

It’s everyone’s favorite time of year here in Madison, and now’s the time to start planning for this year’s outrageous Halloween costume. Every couple wants to do something different with their Halloween get-up, but in a sea of costumes it’s hard to stand out. This year, stray away from the classics and go for creative. Here are five original and quirky Halloween couples costumes that will make you and your guy the talk of the town.   1. The Double D READ MORE

BOO! Top 8 Halloween Movie Specials Airing Now

By Ava Paradise
October 15, 2013 - 1:16pm

BOO! That’s right, its Halloween time! And what’s better than cozying up on a chilly October night with your roomies and your favorite Halloween classics? Well for me, nothing! Lets look at my list of Top 8 Halloween movie classics airing this month that will no doubt give you goosebumps!     READ MORE