My First Year at UW-Madison is Officially Coming to a Close…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

With less than a week left of my freshman year at UW-Madison, my thoughts are scattered. How did it go by so fast? How am I already moving out of my freshman dorm room? In retrospection, this was definitely one of the best years my life thus far.

It has been by far been one of the shortest years of my life, and I don’t know how I feel about it coming to a close. I have made the most amazing memories, but none of them could have been possible without my newfound friends— my best friends made up the best part of my freshman year at college. The friends that I have made this past year have my back like no one else: they support me and praise my accomplishments; they know how to have a good time; and they know me like nobody else. I cannot fathom the idea that I have only met these girls six months ago. Whether it be when I’m sick and need to be taken care of, sad and need a shoulder to cry on, or happy and want to celebrate, these are the people who are there— the people I would want there. Although my first year at college is over, my new friendships are definitely not.

The thought of moving out of my freshman dorm is unfathomable. The idea that my freshman year will soon become a memory is insane. I can honestly say that I have never been so blissfully happy. At least once a day, I look at campus and just smile because of how lucky I am to be a student at UW-Madison. This may seem a little cliché, but it’s the truth.

Appreciating my freshman year as much as I do will only make me appreciate every semester I have left. I may not know how I feel about leaving my freshman year behind, but I do know how I feel about conquering the next three. On, Wisconsin!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!